ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Assassin/Expose Defenses
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
Issue -- 01:57, 6 March 2008 (UTC)
- The recharge is way to high for the duration of the skill, 10 seconds for unblock at 25r, I would just switch to /n and put 2 into curses and use Rigor Motris at 10 unblock and 20r.
- Reduce the recharge to 15 seconds.
Issue -- --The Gates Assassin 21:32, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- The Energy cost is too high for it's effect duration, and recharge. 5 seconds of blocking at 6 (Which is a normal amount) leaves only 4 seconds of blocking avialable (After Cast, Time it takes to get there unless you are using a shadow step. The way to fix this skill was not to kill the recharge and energy cost AND duration, instead make it end if something happens much like fox's promise.
- 15 Recharge, 10 energy, 1 cast: For 3..15 seconds, target foe cannot block your next 1..4 attack skills. If target foe is suffering from the effects of another hex, this skill does nothing.
- 10 Recharge, 5 energy, 1/4 cast: For 1..7 seconds, target foe cannot block your attacks. If target foe is suffering from the effects of another hex, this skill does nothing.
- Delete the skill.
- Compare it to Rigour Mortis. Now tell me if it's balanced.
- DON'T make this as powerful as Rigour - on the face of it that seems unbalanced, but there is a reason for this being less powerful, which is that this is an assassin skill. People who want Rigour already have to get a friend to do it or go /N. If you're an assassin you could just take this instead (freeing up your secondary).
- However, DO buff it a bit, not so that it is as powerful as Rigour but so that it's not so hideously overshadowed. Assassin bars can be cramped anyway, so it's not such a big deal if it becomes a bit more popular (i.e. actually used) again.
- Consider this, which seems to be more powerful, while also more useful in team fights:
- Expose Defences is clearly underpowered compared to Rigour Mortis. Now, there are reasons for that (Rigour is a necromancer skill and the people who need it aren't necros, meaning they have to get a friend to use it for them or sacrifice their secondary profession), but as it stands Rigour lasts longer, recharges a bit faster AND effects ALL attacks, not just yours.
- By making this affect all attack skills, it makes it more viable in large-scale battles (discussion on sins in large-scale battles) but keeps it more of an assassin skill (assassins use attack skills much more than most other professions) while allowing you to team up with a fellow assassin (consider one assacaster and one normal assassin, for example). Also, a slight buff to the duration makes it more versetile. Bear in mind that spiking assassins only need this for a few seconds anyway, so it's not worth much to them, but combined with the first buff it makes it useful in a fight where a second character joins in (perhaps in HA, for example, where two characters may be needed due to the opposition having two monks).
- The half range doesn't really affect it much since sins will want to be near anyway, but I think it's more in-keeping with other skills and limits its use slightly.
- One other option is to make this count as a lead attack, instead of or as well as some or all of the above changes. This would allow faster chains other than the Black Mantis Thrust/Black Spider Strike ones, which are also unblockable (due to this). However, there is a danger that this could be too powerful, so I personally wouldn't implement both suggestions.