ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Assassin/New Assassin Combo System
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
Carnil Issue 16:37, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
New Assassin Combo System
- Because of the combo system, blockable daggersins are not able to compete in gvg properly. one attack is blocked and you are worthless
- I designed a new combo system that allows nearly every attack to be used as lead-, off-hand- or dualattack. here is a link to a german forum where i posted the changes i made. these changes are in english but the text above is german. therefore i will translate it here: every skill may only be used once in a combo. example: jagged strike (lead), death blossom (off-hand), jagged strike (dual) is NOT possible. the second jagged strike will result in an additional lead-attack. as a fair compensation all shadowsteps are removed. i think in many opinions these are overpowered and allow certain gimmickbuilds to be effective (example: A/D Spike, E/A Shockwave Spike). Furthermore i have implemented a new melee combat style that i call "close combat hex". this is only optional but i have the feeling it helps the assassin to be played differently from other melee classes and additionally helps the req-hex attacks to be useful again. ATTENTION: the skills may not be fully balanced yet. heres the link to the forumpage: http://gw.buffed.de/forum/showthread.php?t=478346
Lann's Issue -- 17 June, 2008
- One skill blocked, ruins the rest of your chain making you unusable
- Lower recharges of all high recharge skills, lowering damage/effect and energy as necessary
- Change the system so your attacks do not miss if they go out of sequence. Give all dagger attacks a secondary effect that will occur if the sequence was followed.
- For example: Unsuspecting Strike: 10 2 . Lead Attack. If this attack hits, you strike for +19...29...31 damage. If this attack follows a dual attack or is the first attack of it's sequence, you deal an additional 15...63...75 damage if your target was above 90% Health.
- For example: Jungle Strike: 5 1/2 10 . Offhand Attack. This attack deals +10...22...25 damage. If this attack follows a lead attack, it does +1...25...31 damage against crippled foes.
- For example: Horns of the Ox: 5 12 . Dual Attack. If it hits, Horns of the Ox strikes for +1...9...11 damage. If this attack follows an offhand attack, you double strike and that foe is knocked down if not adjacent to any allies.
- For example: Moebius Strike: 5 2 . Offhand Attack. If it hits, Moebius Strike strikes for +10...30...35 damage. If this attack follows a dual attack, all your other attack skills are recharged if you strike a foe whose Health is below 50%.
- For example: Exhausting Assault: 5 1/2 8 . Dual Attack. Target foe's action is interrupted. If this attack follows a lead attack, you double strike and target foe suffers from Exhaustion if that action was casting a Spell.