ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Assassin/Shroud of Silence
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
- 1 Life Infusion Issue -- 18:47, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
- 2 SniperFox's Issue -- 23:55, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- 3 Snipey lizard's Issue 14:16, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
- 4 ArisB's Issue 18:27, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
- 5 Erasculio's Issue -- 16:28, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- 6 insidious420 10:23, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- 7 192.168.0.20's Issue -- 14:12, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- 8 Viable but not OP
- 9 How About : Make It An Elite Version of Impale
- 10 Gutti's Suggestion
Life Infusion Issue -- 18:47, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
- should probably have an effect on Paragons
- add "cannot use chants or shouts"
- I concur with this suggestion. Having some sort of shout/chant effect makes sense for this skill.--188.8.131.52 13:11, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
SniperFox's Issue -- 23:55, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
- Skill lasts too short to prove viable.
- Skill is outclassed by non-elite Blackout.
- Change functionality to
- 10 ¾ 24
- Elite Hex Spell. All of your Spells are disabled for 8 seconds. For 1...5...6 seconds, target touched foe cannot cast Spells targeting an ally.
- /agreeAnnoying And Deadly 01:17, 24 March 2008 (UTC)
- I agree with the above as well, except for the end part "...cannot cast spells targeting an ally". That conditional rule would potentially limit its effectiveness a great deal more than necessary for it to be balanced. - insidious420 23:28, 29 April 2008 (UTC)
Snipey lizard's Issue 14:16, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
- royally is pawned by blackout,any attack skill....and countered by mending....frenzy...
- revert it to what it was before, it was perfectly balanced then
- was never overpowered, could be countered by holy viel and contemplation of purity.
ArisB's Issue 18:27, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
- Duration in proportion to recharge makes in unusable.
- Skills effect on targeted foe is outclassed by common knockdowns. Knockdowns have the advantage of being useful against more then caster professions. At the same time, this skill goes through knockdown-prevention, and is subject to hex removal.
- The ratio of duration of enemy not casting spells:myself not casting spells is exactly 1:5 at 12 Deadly Arts.
- If a skill with the effect of the old Shroud of Silence is too powerful, which is the general concensus, then the skill should be made usable for the aggressor and the enemy facing the hardship of this Hex Spell. At this time, there is absolutely no reason to use this skill as it takes up an Elite slot, which could be much better spent.
- Cost: 5 Energy. Cast Time: 3/4 Second. Recharge: 16 or 20 seconds. All of your Spells are disabled for 8 or 10 seconds. For 1...4...5 seconds, target touched foe cannot cast spells(Subject to 3/4seconds of aftercast delay post-spell).
- These durations are almost exact proportions to the pre-nerf SoS, but at the same time the durations are smaller so that the disable effect is not in one long phase. That would make this skill balanced because the old skill duration made it impossible for one monk to survive for nine seconds. Four seconds is a more compact number which still gives the Assassin the opportunity to spike his target, but does not as-said give him and his friends nine seconds to kill the target.
- Create a whole new skill with the name Shroud of Silence, similar to what was done with Wail of Doom. If fifteen Elite Assassin Skills are advertised for Guild Wars:Factions, then a skill of this nature should not count. I would simply like to get my moneys worth and a fair amount of diversity without skills like the March 6, 2008 Shroud of Silence. I would like to make it known that I play a primary Assassin, so my views on this could be biased and I may not have given a balanced suggestion. At the same time, I can see why the old Shroud was overpowered.
- /Agree, much better thought out, this makes the skill useable for assassins, but makes it a much shorter time that the casters need to kite to survive it. the current form is absolute junk. Kraken 02:35, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
- Make a
touch skill, for 1..5..6 seconds target foe cannot cast spells, but you have a 10%..6%..5% chance to miss attacks on target foe, and you cannot cast spells for 6..5..4 seconds 10e 20r 1/4 cast
- Gives a window, thats USABLE DURATION!!!!!!!, but still has a balanced effect, no spells=no heals, no shadow steps (not counting shadow walk, and no hexes, and that small chance that your spike will fail, its useless, unless you planning a skill update that give sins the new skill called Extend Hex(increase duration by 200%) or revert to pre march 6
Yay Fixed Annoying And Deadly 00:54, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
Erasculio's Issue -- 16:28, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- Rather useless skill in PvE.
- Split into PvP and PvE versions. Keep PvP version as it is. Change PvE version to: "Elite Hex Spell. All of your Spells are disabled for 15 seconds. For 1...6...7 seconds, target touched foe cannot cast Spells. This hex ends if you attack the target".
- The reason for the change is that there are better ways to disable a target in PvE; given how the enemies tend to be more fragile there, killing the enemy is usually a faster option, or just using some kind of knock down. The proposed change, in other hand, would allow a character to disable two targets - one under this hex, the other being killed by the assassin. The long duration is meant to give time for the assassin to switch targets and then use a combo, as well as allowing the character to use this skill at an average (10-12) rank of Deadly Arts, in order to keep a high rank of Dagger Mastery and an average rank of Critical Strikes.
insidious420 10:23, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- This skill is TOTALLY USELESS since its nerf months ago and is EASILY OUTCLASSED by non-elite skills. It has needed a buff desperately since then, and I was truly surprised to not see one in the last big skill update. In my opinion, there was absolutely nothing overpowered with the skill to begin with, except maybe its duration. Any competent monk would have (pre cast) Holy Veil on themselves as a counter.
- 10 ¾ 25
- Elite Hex Spell. All of your Spells are disabled for 12 seconds. For 1...4...5 seconds, target touched foe cannot cast Spells. If this hex does not last its full duration, target foe becomes Dazed for 1...2...3 seconds.
- So, we have roughly the same effect as the skill is in its current state, but the conditional Daze at the end potentially increases its effectiveness to somewhere closer to its original stats.
- 10 ¾ 25
- Elite Hex Spell. All of your Spells are disabled for 12 seconds. For 3...6...8 seconds, the next spell cast by target touched foe casts 33% slower and fails. If this hex lasts its full duration, target foe becomes Dazed for 1...3...4 seconds.
- Maybe tweak the durations a bit....
192.168.0.20's Issue -- 14:12, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
- Inferior to Knockdown, Blackout, Gale, Diversion, Etc.
- Poor use of an Elite
- Does not affect Shouts or Chants (Shroud of Silence)
- Increase Duration
- Decrease Recharge time
- Reduce or Remove self spell disable
- Cause Hex to apply to foes in the area as well.
Viable but not OP
- As above.
- Make this viable, but not OP. Personally, I would lengthen the duration and/or decrease the penalties to make it useful, but give it a long cast time so that people have chance to kite away. Something like this:
- Now, before you can use this, you have to get right up close to your foe. Then, if you can get it off without it being interrupted, you then have to get up close to your foe again to attack them, since by now a good foe will have kited away again - and do this within your short time window. This makes it very difficult to use this for taking out foes by yourself, unless you snare them first, but it does provide a lot of pressure, since if a monk has to kite (and more importantly can't cast spells) for 4-5 seconds they can't heal themselves or their team, so ranged foes will destroy them. This means a bit of teamwork is required. Furthermore, you can't really just stick this on an ele or something since it disables your Spells for 8 seconds too.
- I'm not so sure the 2 second activation is really needed, certainly that and the early ending clause seemed a bit harsh, but given I've cut the recharge a bit too I didn't want to risk it being OP.
How About : Make It An Elite Version of Impale
- -same as above
15 ¼ 20 - (Deadly Art) Elite Hex Spell. (5 seconds). Target hexed foe's Spell, Shout, and Chant cost additional 10...82...100% Energy. Renewal: every time target hexed foe uses a Spell, Shout, or Chant. End effect: Inflict Daze condition. (1...3...3 seconds). Your spells are disabled for 10 seconds. Gutti Loh 10:09, 6 July 2009 (UTC)