ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Miscellaneous/Breaking PvE
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
Shard's Issue -- 09:54, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
- PvE is easy. It's mind-numbingly easy. It's so easy, you don't even need a full skill bar. Beating missions is more of a chore than a challenge.
- First, break all the pve versions of each skill to godly levels. This will make normal mode PvE easier and less grindey.
- Now, to the point of this page. For Hard Mode pve and for Elite Missions, change the skills players try to use to their PvP versions, and ban pve-only skills from those missions and areas. This way, people can't (insert bear-related elite skill here) their way through all of Hard Mode, which will force them to put effort into beating those missions or farming those areas.
- I think your first suggestion is horrible. All sorts of people are in normal mode pve, new people to the game shouldnt be denied challange in the game. If you want to make it less grindey, then why not just make everything easier to run, including all the steps against running in factions?
- The second suggestion, though, is quite good in my opinion.