ArenaNet:Skill feedback/Ranger/Power Shot
|Note: As of September 2, 2009 this page is no longer active. If you have suggestions for Guild Wars skills please go to Feedback:Main to learn how to submit suggestions that ArenaNet can use.|
- 1 Raph's Issue -- 22:36, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
- 2 PT's Issue -- 19:58, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- 3 Weak, boring, energy-inefficient skill
- 4 Too expensive, recharge too long
- 5 ZamaneeJinn's issue, 19:27, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
- 6 Horsedrowner's issue, (insert time here)
- 7 Power Attack for rangers
- 8 Too Weak and Lacks Utility 00:42, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- 9 Crimmastermind's Issue
- 10 Done25 thinks....
- 11 Agreeing with above other players -- Stomatium 13:19, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- 12 Weakest Bow Attack in the game
- 13 Crimmastermind's 2nd Idea
- 14 Wuhy's Suggestion
Raph's Issue -- 22:36, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
- Decreasing the + damage of this skill.
- Change back to normal + damage. Maybe make it cause Weakness?
PT's Issue -- 19:58, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- DThis Skill is simple too weak and too boring to be interestign enough for Skill builds, when compared to other Skills, like Keen Arrow or Slothhunter's Shot, which can deal quite good Spike Damage, Power Shot compared to them is just absolutely lousy
- Increase the Bonus Damage back to the point it was, before the last dumb SB-Update, decrease the Energy Cost from 10 to 5 and give the Skill the Effect to cause on Foes Cracked armor, if the Shot hits them. Maybe combine a special Power Bonus to this Skill, which triggers, when usign this Skill, while not being hexed or enchanted.
Weak, boring, energy-inefficient skill
- This skill costs 10 energy for up to +21 damage. Hunter's Shot does slightly less damage for half the energy with a conditional Bleeding effect.
- Decrease energy to 5.
Too expensive, recharge too long
- This skill is underpowered.
- The 1 second activation is good for range spike which is why this was nerfed. Reduce energy to 5, increase activation time to normal, reduce recharge to 3 seconds, and revert the damage to 10...22...25
ZamaneeJinn's issue, 19:27, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
- Boring skill, even if given high damage output. Hilariously outclassed by other attacks in terms of damage (Determined costs less and has secondary benefit, sundering is better in all respects, and even has AP!)
- following the ranger trend of condition application, give the skill cracked armor, weakness, or both, while removing the activation time (and possibly removing some more damage as well) to compensate. This could potentially give the skill at least some use.
Horsedrowner's issue, (insert time here)
- Penetrating Attack deals more damage, has armor penetration and recharges 2 seconds faster. Power Shot is useless imo.
- Give it a bit more damage. For example:
- Power Shot. Bow Attack. Deals +5...17...20 damage. Deals 5...17...20 more damage if target foe is Weakened. 10 1 8
I second this. POWER SHOT!! (zoom)Phill Gaston 18:02, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
Power Attack for rangers
- Power Shot sucks.
- 5e 4r "If Power Shot hits it strikes for +5...17...20 damage plus an additional 1 damage for each rank of expertise.
Too Weak and Lacks Utility 00:42, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- This skill is too weak to be used for dps, unlike the name would suggest, and has no utility to it. It is weaker than the base damage from Sloth Hunter's Shot.
- Give it a secondary effect if increasing it's damage is too powerful.
- More conditional version, Sloth Hunter alternative.
- Alternatively lower the cost. Still a boring skill but at least you don't get ripped off for using it.
- Due to nerfing this skill for PvP, Prophecies Rangers now have no skills to use (except point blank shot) in Pre-Searing, making it very dull.
- Change it back to the way it used to be pre-factions (much higher +damage, 6 recharge, no activation time) for PvE. That way you dont punish people for only having prophecies if they want to play as a ranger.
Right now all they can do is spam point-blank shot, because this skill is effectively auto-attacking.Crimmastermind 04:23, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
There are a trillion suggestions out here but I want to thrown one in as well >,> 10 energy | 3 second "cast" | 10 second recharge You fire a shot that moves four times as quickly and does +8...20...25 additional damage. This shot has twice the normal range. Would be usefull for pulling in PvE or sniping that monk who thinks he is safe. Done25 00:45, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
Agreeing with above other players -- Stomatium 13:19, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- A weak, incredibly useless skill used only by rangers from pre-searing Ascalon ; and not because they like it....
- Please give this skill an effect that is representative to its name :
Please see Discussion for an explanation to my suggestion.
Weakest Bow Attack in the game
- Way too weak. Sundering Attack and Penetrating Shot both have a higher damage bonus, an armor penetration bonus, and a better recharge time.
- Option A) 10 1 6 If this attack hits, it strikes for +5.....21..25 damage. If it strikes a foe with cracked armor, it automatically results in a critical hit.
- Option B) 10 1 8 If this attack hits, it strikes for +5.....21..25 damage. If it hits a foe suffering from weakness, it strikes for an additional +5.....13..15 damage.
- Option C) Leave the skill's function exactly as it is and simply rename it to "Weak Shot".
- Reducing the energy cost of this skill will be less beneficial to ranger primaries since expertise already does that. It would make the skill more useful to ranger secondaries, however, without really opening up the door for an overpowered cross-class build. So while that's not my favorite approach to fixing this skill, it would still have its uses.
Painted Bird 00:13, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Crimmastermind's 2nd Idea
- Same as last time, Power Shot spammed on recharge< Spear auto-attack
- 25 3 20 This arrow moves 2 times faster and if this attack hits, it strikes for +5...37...45 damage.
- The idea being that you get a ranged decapitate that costs like half your energy and has horrible recharge and activation. Its basically r-spike on drugs, but if you miss your screwed.
- low damage, high cost, gimmicky side-effect
- Bow Attack. If Power Shot hits, you deal +3...14...17 damage.
- This way it would give rangers some free +damage at a cost of a skill slot. - Wuhy 12:12, 11 June 2009 (UTC)