From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Update -- May 9, 2018
- Increased the maximum number of active minipets allowed in outposts.
- Added windowed Fullscreen support.
- Added a new 8X MSAA anti-aliasing option.
- The “Use best texture filtering” option will now take advantage of 16x Anisotropic filtering.
- A new “Advanced” option checkbox has been added to the Graphics options panel. This will replace the “-lodfull” command line option that was added recently.
- Model LODs will always use the highest available LOD (Level Of Detail), regardless of distance, including the disabling of “imposter” models.
- The max draw distance will be doubled. Ground cover vegetation draw distance will be pushed out even further.
- Terrain LODs will almost always draw in highest.
- Note: Full changes won’t take effect until changing maps.
- A new option has been added to suppress Whisper messages from players that don’t meet the following criteria:
- Party member, friend, active trade partner, or recent party/team member.
- You may now /report directly in the whisper chat window without needing to type the character name.
- Reporting players is still restricted to the same district that you’re in.
- Custom chat filters are now possible. To use this feature, you must create a ChatFilter.ini file. The file will be placed in the
%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Guild Warsfolder. The file layout is as follows:
[ChatFilter] userFilter1=Censor userFilter2=Suppress
- The maximum number of friends and ignored players has been doubled to 100 and 20 respectively.
- Added a Report button to the party search dialog.
- Fixed an issue where your character’s LOD drops when zooming out the camera.
- Fixed an issue where the game client becomes unresponsive when it gets minimized or sent to the background.
- Fixed a client crash related to the new “Whispers from friends, teammates and trade partners only” option.
Guild Wars Wiki notes
- If you experience any issues with shortcuts, make sure to remove the -lodfull argument. This argument has been removed, and may cause issues for some setups.
- The second update fixed a crash related to the updates to the whisper system.
- The player-cap in districts was increased on May 8th, the day prior to this update.