- 1 Character Slots
- 2 Player Characters
- 3 Do Not Disturb/Offline Abuse.
- 4 Renaming
- 5 Buying Character Slots in places such as Walmart?
- 6 Did Anet drop Character Name abuse during creation?
- 7 Proof
- 8 Character creation time limit
- 9 Character name color
- 10 Invisible Player
- 11 Pfft
- 12 Name Reservation Time
- 13 Character Names
- 14 Questions regarding character name clashes with Guild Wars 2 characters
- 15 Race?
I was getting worried when I saw on guildwars.com site cap at 26 (at 23 now). I then reread the FAQ, and then tested it in the in game store. I am only able to add up to 11 more slots, for 34 total. This makes sense, as I have Prophecies (4), Factions (2), and Nightfall (2). EMonk 12:55, 13 February 2007 (PST)
It might be fun to include a section for player characters. A place where we can give a bio for our characters with an option for pictures Rogue4ever 05:29, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
Do Not Disturb/Offline Abuse.
Do Not Disturb and Offline status are being abused by violators of the rules of conduct, a person said "Stop Fking ur mom" when I told the person not to blame your allies for losing.
A person told me that I was mentally unstable for telling the person what a person meant by Pug (Pick Up Group).
And both of these, I was unable to tell them not to insult me with such vulgarities and untruths due to Do Not Disturb and Offline.
Arena Net, I suggest you take action by making people set to these statuses to be muted to both public forms of communication and private, as to remove the possibility of someone not being offline and people insulting other players.
Also the Ignore bar capacity should be raised, because i've been filling it up with these offenders. I also suggest to make it to where people ignoring one player may not be able to private message that player, as to remove people abusing that context, as well.
Sincerely, and with multiple Players' interest in my heart, Kalizar.
Abusive players: Potassium Sulfate and Il Hellknight Il
--Iplaile 04:36, 28 January 2009 (UTC) Is there a location or method of changing a characters name ?
- I've only ever heard of name's being changed due to having blacklisted words or inappropriate words in it, and that was done through Support (as far as I've heard). Aba Malatu means Forbidden Truth 04:49, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
Buying Character Slots in places such as Walmart?
Would there perhaps be a way to do so without the in-game store? Last time I tried buying something off of the in-game store, or NCsoft, it wouldn't allow it...daily tried for a whole two weeks and three days, I STILL couldn't buy anything. (I tried with a proper Credit Card and did everything said, and I tried again recently, STILL couldn't get through...)
EDIT: I meant PlayNC. --184.108.40.206 21:53, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
- There is no way of buying Character Slots other then by buying a Campaign you dont already have on your Account, or through the Ingame Store. Its highly unlikely that anything will be changed to this I fear. However if you entered your CreditCard Data correctly it should work, given the fact that your CreditCard has not been blocked or your Credit Limit is exhausted. --SilentStorm 22:05, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
Did Anet drop Character Name abuse during creation?
Seriously. I wanted to call my character 'P U D D I N G' and it said it was abusive. I figure it was okay because of perverted people. But now I'm looking in my Alliance a year and a half later; 'Its Silv B I T C H'? So did they drop it? I know they wouldn't allow Its Silv Bitch; but why could Bitch be spread out and Pudding couldn't? The name wasn't taken back then; and it isn't right now. I guess if you tested it now, it would allow you. But why? --iRathur 20:05, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
I dunno anything about offensive words, but i cant name my character Lulu for some reason, reason being that the word "Lul" is not allowed...No, really, this is stupid, since when was Lul a profanity of any sort?
- Thank you ArenaNet for putting the user name announcement up! And person above me, sign your comments, please?--iRathur 19:45, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
- well i have some friends in different countries and apparently lul means "penis" in some language ... XD ... but yea that's probably why pudding wasn't allowed either ...--Sneaker 17:04, 24. July 2009 (UTC)
- Actually...Lul means a male's private area in German and Deutsch --220.127.116.11 18:51, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
- Predeceasing sounds harsh (although not untrue). Actually, I did mean predecessing. <.< Ɲoɕʈɋɽɕɧ 22:19, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
Character creation time limit
Just thought I put a note up here: There's a limit on the amount of characters you can create within a given time. I've been frantically rerolling my PvP slot for the last hour (approx.) and was probably on my 20th reroll. When you press "Create" on the name page, it comes up with an error saying "You have attempted to create too many characters recently. Please wait a few minutes and try again (Code=041)". Mystical Celestia 17:56, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- It's noted in the Error codes article, designed to prevent people from flooding the servers. Did you want to note it in this article? --Freedom Bound 18:03, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
- /doh. Not sure if it's needed in the article, I was just putting a note up in here. I did try to find out if there was an error code page (thought "007" would of redirected there) but had no luck. Thanks for the link. Mystical Celestia 18:09, 13 July 2009 (UTC)
Character name color
I notice in many towns and outposts that some characters have a darker coloured name (dark blue) than others (light blue). Why is this? Is it a mark of how many Titles they have? Whether or not they are Ascended? The name colour also matches the colour of their 'pip' in the radar. Can someone explain this to me? I hate asking like a total newbie, but I saw no mention of this in the manual-though perhaps I missed it-and I am extremely curious. Any thoughts/answers? 18.104.22.168 00:38, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
- Dark blue means they are in a party. Light blue means the opposite. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:22.214.171.124 (talk).
Don't rlly know where to post this, but a mate of me told me that he was invisible during a mission. He took a screenshot of it. Anyone expereinced this also??? -- Magamdy 18:07, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
If anyone, and I mean ANYONE, ever tells me that Prophecies is the slowest campaign for character development I will probably shoot them. Prophecies takes about 2 hours to get Lion's Arch with a decent team, in Nightfall you spend so much time running around bending over for the NPC's requirements it takes 4-6 hours just to get off noob island. 126.96.36.199 02:23, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
- Prophecies is the slowest campaign for character development -- Magamdy 14:13, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- There is something called Factions..Lol @ Magamdy --188.8.131.52 18:53, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
Name Reservation Time
Is the name reservation really only 24 hours? I deleted a character on my alt 48 hours ago so that I could recreate it on my main and it still says that the name is still associated with my alt account when I try to add it to my friends list. Raikage 20:08, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- Well I've figured out my problem. Even though I deleted the character on my alt account the game still considered it belonging to the alt account until I used the empty character slot. Maybe a note about that should be added? Raikage 00:43, 4 June 2011 (UTC)
I really can't think of a name for my characters, when I think of a cool one, its usually took up already...Anyone have a system of some sort to create a character name? Thanks... --184.108.40.206 18:57, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
Questions regarding character name clashes with Guild Wars 2 characters
If someone with a GW2 account creates a GW2 character that has a name in a format that's allowed in GW1, will that name then be unavailable in GW1?
Conversely, if someone creates a GW1 character with a certain name, will that name then be unavailable in GW2?
--220.127.116.11 22:23, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
- Short answer is "no". When GW2 was first released, they allowed for all of the names attached to GW1 accounts to be saved for their respective owners. That was only a temporary measure, and now the list of available names in the two games are independent of each other. G R E E N E R 07:07, 30 September 2015 (UTC)
I am a Guild Wars 2 player checking out GW1, and I don't see any race selection. According to the description at the very top, which implies your character is human, there is no race selection. If there is none, could that be mentioned for GW2 players, and if there is race selection, (cuz I haven't actually got the game yet) then to add it to this page? --TiffanySmith
- There is no playable race option available to us in GW1; humans are default. --Falconeye (talk) 00:56, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
- In the final expansion of Guild Wars, all "future" playable races are introduced as a bridge to Guild Wars 2. Except Sylvari, which were far from born at the time. Prior to that the focus was on Humans only, which other races being arcs in the storyline or allies in some way or another. - Infinite - talk 03:29, 1 October 2018 (UTC)