Talk:Exquisite Surmia Carving
You need this item to get the quest reward after you finish the dungeon. If you destroy this item, the quest "Temple of the Damned" will update and become unfinished. (oh joy)
This item is just part of the quest and serves no other purpose; you need it to get the quest reward after you finish the dungeon. If you destroy this item, the quest "temple of the Damned" will update and become unfinished. To test this, finish the dungeon, then put this item in storage and you won't be offered the quest reward. Anyway, I'll wait with editing the article until someone else confirms this. 21:23, 1 September 2007 (UTC)
- You are probably correct. But I do wonder why it doesn't say "quest item", or why the Charr in question doesn't take the item?
If you forgot to get the quest, what do you do with that item? You can´t give it to the Charr for the reward, because you need to kill Murakai before, but then you get another one!
Have anyone tried to register it as a Polymock piece? Maybe that's the reason behind it staying in the inventory. MithranArkanere 17:39, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
- Talked to the NPC, the Carving didn't appear as a register-able piece. Saph 20:58, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
hall of monuments
Maybe this is what it means by miniatures and COLLECTIBLES?
- No, miniatures are collectibles.
Issue seems to have been fixed by yesterday's update. Saphatorael 09:42, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
- This thing looks like a titan. Considering the Charr worshipped the Titans, this object is named after a place Charr inhabited, and is dropped by a chest at the end of a dungeon chock full of Charr, that would make good sense. Calor - talk 18:47, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
Is More Info Needed?
A player just wrote to ArenaNet expressing a concern about this item. He said the people are selling Exquisite Surmia Carvings, but he worries that the buyers of the carvings may not be aware that this quest reward is not useful unless you have completed the quest itself. I think that this is something that people understand, but I do wonder, do articles like this need some sort of generic message that tells people that obtaining the item from another player is not a shortcut to "mission complete?" -- Gaile 01:05, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yea, more specific clarification might be helpful, given some quests, like Althea's Ashes can be completed simply by purchasing the quest item from another player. Since getting the quest item from another player can be a "shortcut to "mission complete?" in some cases, it might help people out if that information was made more clear on which instances it does and does not work for. ~ J.Kougar 01:37, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
XP for Survivors
- Never mind, I found out: you still need to actually complete the dungeon to get the reward, unlike with Kathandrax. -- Hong 12:59, 20 March 2011 (UTC)