Talk:Game updates:November 2008
What a lousy update.
Vampiric Gaze was perfectly balanced as a CORE, BASELINE skill. This is the first time it has been changed since Build Wars first launched.
Perhaps Vampiric Spirit needed a nerf, but it's supposed to be elite. No need to balance it as non-elite.
IMO, Angorodon's Gaze was the largest problem as it is the main energy factory for degenerate spike builds. Just nerf Angorodon's into the ground(25/90 it) and revert the changes to the other 2 skills.
Finally, Expert's Dexterity was not a problem. I never see anyone running it.
Well, the people that balance the game (and thus understand the balance better than any of us, regardless of wheter you may think they do or not) thought it was too powerful, so it was a poblem obviously. Not lame at all. Not sigining is lame though. 22.214.171.124 22:16, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
- Read User:Shard. Anet does NOT understand game balance anywhere near as well as you think they do. In fact, before the Backbreaker nerf, they stated that they cannot scale knockdown duration with attributes. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:126.96.36.199 (talk).
- ITT: bawwww. -Auron 16:00, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
- I can sign if its that important to you but nobody else had so i didnt. I don't pvp I dont know or care how its balanced there. In pve it is just plain lame no other way to put it they barely did anything as was compared to other skills.188.8.131.52 20:57, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
There are a lot of spikers in Fort Aspenwood that use Expert's Dexterety in the kurz side. And really because they have a good position they makes a lot of damage and whit the preview version they could kill really faster to players. They are called rapers because they kill very fast to players. I Think that you have to check the knocked down skills in pvp becausethere are players that have a buid that don't allow to stand up the player and they are killing easily especially players with low armor. Yeah, rapers. --184.108.40.206 10:12, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
- Well, judging by their nerfs to luxons in FA, I would assume that they didn't balance Expert's Dexterity around that. As for Bspike nerfs, retarded. It was never overpowered until angorodon's gaze came out, so just nerf that one skill. Vamp Gaze is definately not OP, and nerfing it just kills the skill (and makes Prophecies even more lame, since all their skills now suck). Vamp Spirit was not OP, it was simply a great survival skill (and inferior to Escape imo, yet no escape nerfs) but achieved very little. As above, Angorodon's was the problem with Bspike, because it meant that you had unlimited energy. These updates once again show a-net's incompetence (is it just me, or did they used to suck less before Nightfall?)Crimmastermind 08:55, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- What confused me about the bloodspike thing is they said people dont normally bring skills to counter it, but that they can. So your only allowed to come up with builds that can be countered by what people normally run I guess. I don't pvp it just seemed odd, like the pvp builds are set in stone and if you mess with it nerfs come.220.127.116.11 18:05, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
UPDATE FASTER! (edited to claim my useless comment) Crimsonhandhiro 00:17, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- INDEED! I love this new update. :D :D :D :D --Stokoe 00:52, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
i cant hand in my kurzick rep points anymore(atm i have 31,600/32,000 kurzick factions and 32,000/34,000 luxon factions) =[ 18.104.22.168 03:22, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
I picked up a couple storybooks. Evidently, even if we've already completed missions, we have to do them again to get them entered?--Duke of Silence 03:36, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- Aidan got Practiced Stance?!?!?!? Seriously, he should use burning arrow.
- alliegence farming is sooooo ez now--Atomisk 14:09, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
Does anyone know if all these story books are retrospective? I've spent ages trying to complete Prophecies, Nightfall and Factions. then after I've completed them they bring out these books, which don't get me wrong, are great and handy, but have I lost out? Do I have to spend ages completing them all again?
- You have to complete them again. That's how anet works- Older players always get screwed over in any update.
I love how GW players whine about every thing. Take the different Festival Hats, every year I see tons of complaints about how the year before they were so awesome. But the year before, they said the same thing about them and so on. If you look at this last update you will see that they gave you Luxon and Kurz points for the change. They did the same thing with The Sunspear and Light Bringer points as well. So what if you have to do the books again. That is how it is in Eye of the North. Be glad that they have given you a few different ways to get faction and promotion points. Better then grinding them.
How come nobody signs their comments? -Elijah 08:42, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
Does it matter? Oh wait so you can savage them. -Signed Bilbo Baggins