Talk:Halloween Art Contest (2007)
Halloween Art Contest
Hiya. Just wondering how far you are with the voting process. Thanks! 184.108.40.206 18:48, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
- We have contacted the 30 Honorable Mention recipients via email. We will send out emails to the winners, grand prize winner, and finalists within the next 24 hours. In addition, the formal "winners page" (with lots of images!) will be posted tomorrow, Tuesday, October 30. -- Gaile 00:16, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
- Thirty! It has increased! neat. I can't wait to see the images... I imagine they're pretty good. :D (They'd better be, they beat mine!) (also: eeeeee I won! and honourable mention was what I wanted! Perfect.) purple llama 02:13, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
I didn't enter the competition myself, but a friend of mine did. Does anyone know where the rest of the honerable mentions and finalists have wondered of too? :P --Alien 20:38, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
- All 20 honourable mentions are listed. None of the Finalists were even listed on the main site though. --Lemming 20:45, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
Grand Prize Winner
Those Gwen and Asuran costumes on the grand prize winner are simply adorable! It would be awesome of ANet could sell costumes like those from their store (even though I know from a business perspective this would most likely not work). --Thervold 17:17, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
- I agree -- that's an adorable set of costumes. I'll pass along the costume idea for the soon-to-open store. -- Gaile 03:55, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
Number of Finalist Minipets?
Hmm, I think there's a mistake in the numbers somewhere. The article claims there were 60 finalists; the website claims there were 70; and the actual list of finalists' names contains 71 entries. Furthermore, the Oni, Raincaller and Yeti minipet pages all claim that 60 of each of these minis were added to the game as a result of the contest -- but each finalist only won one mini, not all three, so there should actually be around 20-24 of each. Trouble is, 70 doesn't divide neatly into three, so I'm not entirely sure in what preportion the minis are being distributed.
I'm going to go ahead and remove the 60 from the minipet pages, however, since I'm fairly certain that's wrong. --Mme. Donelle 12:34, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- Changed the 60 in this article, too. There's definitely 71 finalists. --Mme. Donelle 12:48, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- We originally planned to award 60 miniatures, total. If the GWW page stated that each prize recipient was supposed to receive was one of each miniature, that is/was an error on the GWW page, for the contest page states, "Finalists (60 awarded): Four random Guild Wars Series 1 Skills Pins; plus an access key (randomly selected) to acquire one of the following in-game miniatures: Longhair Yeti, Naga Raincaller, or Oni." (Emphasis added.)
- Due to the extraordinary quality of the entries, which resulted in a high number of votes and a few ties, we increased the number of Finalists a bit to reward more contestants, and the total awarded to Finalists numbered 71. (It's true that we cannot divide 71 evenly by 3, but it sorted out ok -- we had a few extra keys from that prize group to award.) Prize emails were sent out this week to all who responded to our confirmation emails, so everyone should have his/her new miniature! -- Gaile 03:49, 11 November 2007 (UTC)