Talk:Jungle Troll Tusk
- I had two drop when I killed Marrg Grummbool. It already says he drops these on his page, but I thought I'd mention it here. FloppyJoe 00:37, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
(Reset indent) I am under the impression that the tusks only drop from the level 18 jungle trolls, and not the level 14 trolls. Has anyone else noticed this?--CraigDC42 13:49, 4 July 2012 (UTC)
- I've cleared Tangle Root in hard mode and gotten tusks, and didn't get any in normal mode. None from the boss either mode.--22.214.171.124 02:40, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
- Normal mode confirmed to have tusk drops just as normal. Ceylin Asiye 15:41, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
- There's some notes on Guild Wiki for farming (they claim 30+ trolls, 4-8 tusks/run, and 5-10 minutes/run). Neither this wiki or that has any notes about whether JTTs drop from both L14 and L18 trolls...or just one type. However, I can confirm getting tusks in both nm and HM. – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 17:59, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
- I went out with another character and answered my own question - The Level 14 trolls do drop tusks. --CraigDC42 23:54, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, I never bother with drop tables for locations. Those were useful when Guild Wars was a new game and no one had any idea what items dropped from which foes. Now that we have a good idea of drops (especially that foes drop the same trophies in nm and HM), the more interesting questions are questions about quantities:
- what are the rates for farming runs?
- what are the salvage rates?
- For questions about types of drops, location of foes...I think it's easier just to add a comment instead (i.e. drop empty tables like this one). (On rare occasions, there is a question of whether similarly-named foes will drop different trophies, especially if the only distinction is foe-level, but that, too is better answered with a comment and/or screenshot.) Quality tables are, at this point in the wiki's life, distracting rather than useful. – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 17:26, 8 July 2012 (UTC)
Expert salvage research
|Bone||5||1||--Silver Edge 11:42, 17 February 2015 (UTC)|
I don't know who is getting 7 tusks per run, I feel like I get 3 on a good day. I went ahead and changed the farming description, but I'm happy to have my mind changed. --Scythe Of Wars (talk) 19:56, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
Viable builds for farming
- Generic Spirit spammer with Signet of Spirits
- Unsuspecting Strike, Fox Fangs, Death Blossom, Shroud of Distress, Way of Perfection, Shadow Theft, Critical Eye, Drunken Master
12+1+3 Dagger Mastery, 11+1 Critical Strikes, 6+1 Shadow Arts. Alcohol helps, Zealous daggers with 15% damage while in a Stance or enchanted are advised.
- Ele shockwave or Ele Fire (AoE makes foes flee though)