Story of me, I guess
My real name is Marc. I am from Paris. I have a master degree in mechanical engineering, and experience in software quality (testing). I can also speak a bit of german.
A few facts about me :
- Guild Wars is the most played game of my life.
- When I was a child, my parents only allowed me to play two hours per week, which I would mostly waste exploring the maps.
- I used to ride a bike to the closest game center to play, following a 10% slope for 500m in both directions.
- My first character was an Elementalist/Necromancer using Blood Magic.
- The name "Ruine Cruelle" (and therefore "Ruine") comes from Golden Sun.
- I once led a guild of 30 people, "The Bat Out Of Hell" [BooH].
- It was specialized in MQSC. Part of "The Acid Snake" alliance we took ownership of Cavalon.
A moment of peace with guildies
Tombe En Ruine Defender of Ascalon
Indomitable Survivor in pre-Searing
Gate glitch at Pogahn Passage
My most nostalgic game
My first games were platformers: Rayman, super mario, the harry potter games on PC.
Then I played a bunch of RPGs, among which I grew fond of Pokemon, and played all core games.
I enjoyed open-world with Skyrim, Oblivion, Breath of the Wild.
Journey is probably the best game I have played.
I currently enjoy Super Smash Bros Ultimate and am a proud Corrin main.
Words of Comfort
- "Hai:3 [...] thanks again for the comment you left on my talk page and for making the red link turn blue! [...] I like your page and you seem nice, woop woop! [...] Thanks for the tips! :) " Jackie
- "nice to see you on PvX too." DANDY ^_^
- "nice page... glad to see people are still using Lensors old character page template. ;)"-- Salome
- "Thanks for your coucou, maybe ours journeys will cross ingame ;). Oh, and your texmod map is wonderful. Cannot say thanks enough for this!" -- Nae Lussia Taani
- "If you're able to make Texmod work like you do, then you're far better at coding than I'll ever be. Keep up the good work!" G R E E N E R
- "Break out of the map eh. I'm listening ;)" Magamdy
- "Thanks for your project by the way, your map had two regular tiny spots in EotN that I didn't have yet, even though I had a huge mapping and portal jumping project a few years ago." aRTy
- "Well thank you (and the other contributors of course) for this great mod! I enjoyed uncovering every little piece of the map!" Azura (talk)
- "Thanks for your outstanding work on that map mod, by the way!" — snograt
- " I am glad someone is finally updating th[e ldoa] page."Shade the (talk)
- "You [and Shade The] are probably the 2 most experienced pre players left on the wiki." Steve1 (talk)
- "The work [Ruine has] done has been quite substantial and very beneficial."Shade the (talk)"
- "Since I started that paragraph: I concur with Shade's assessment."Steve1 (talk)
- "Heya - [...] I put your name down as a potential addition [as admin]. It seems to me that you've added a lot of valuable contributions to the wiki since you first joined. [...] I'm hoping you would be willing to give it a shot?"horrible | contribs
- [...] I do not dare take game-related engagements or make game-related things more prevalent than they already are in my life. [...]
- Thank you again anyway, it's really nice from you. - - Ruine Eternelle
- That's totally fair. It's definitely good to know what you're comfortable with, and I completely respect that. Thanks again for all the wonderful things you're adding to the wiki. horrible | contribs
- "Thank you! I'm bad at the wiki so your adding the bug template is greatly appreciated :)"
- "Rangers are very effective in endgame, [...] for extremely high damage output. [...] I used to burn rangers into the ground, but even I have to acknowledge how awesome they are once they pop a few cons. If you're not convinced yet, do give endgame rangers a decent try. You will not be disappointed!" - Infinite - talk
- "I didn't know creating this page would cause so much reactions." - - Ruine Eternelle
- "This is one of the oddities of life. Some actions create a tsunami, while others create not but a ripple; and no one can truly predict which will happen.[...] Don't let it bother you. Just do it, and work with others as the situation calls for it, like you've been doing." G R E E N E R
THANK YOU GUYS YOU ARE AWESOME !
- The new monk elite skill is great but it's too weak. It could use a reduced recharge (7s for instance) and reward primary monks more, dealing 15...43...50 holy damage instead of the current 15...19...20.
- The elementalist elite skill is also fairly weak. The effects are simply not good enough for the cost. 20...52...60% casting+recharge time wouldn't make it too strong [...]
- Heroic Refrain is incredibly strong. +5/6 attribute rank to everyone is too much. But from a practical perspective the player will just cast it on all party members at the beginning of the map then maintain it with "They're on Fire!" and never use it again. So 15s recharge means waiting for 120s for 8-people teams, at least 5s would be only 40s.
- Reduced the cooldown of Judgment Strike to 8.
- Increased the damage bonus of Judgement Strike to 13..30.
- Decreased the attribute bonus of Heroic Refrain to 1..3.
- Reduced the cooldown of Heroic Refrain to 10.
- Pre-Searing (the area and the fact that it's cut off from the rest of the game)
- Shing Jea
- The jade sea
- Echovald forest
- Weaknesses and resistances for foes
- The ability to skip missions
- Running, in particular Drok run
- The skills sandbox:
- Elemental Flame
- Smiter's Boon (the PvE one)
- Zealot's Fire (may make me want to actually play heal)
- Master of Magic
- Dark Aura
- Soul Barbs
- Arcane Echo
- Dwarven Stability
- Heroic Refrain
- Soul Taker
- Together as One
- Seven Weapons Stance
- Abaddon's Mouth
- Eye of the Storm
- Tasca's Demise
- Sands of Kryta
- Factions overture
- ... and a million things more.
- Weapons with unusual:
- particle effects.
- damage type
- Things that reference gw2
Some things that make me angry
- In the GW store, the Igneous Summoning Stone (for the Fire Imp) is at the same price as a bundle with the stone and bonus weapons.
- Overcast should have accelerating removal when out of combat, similarly to health regeneration.
- Nature Rituals die too fast in PvE (let them be at a higher level, which is to have more health or more armor).
- A few weapon skins are "exotic" PvP-reward only, most notably the Greater Etched Sword.
- If I understand well you can use the mission pack weapons and change their skin with tolkano, but that would still require 600 silver zaishen coins to use Exotic skins... coins which should be about 2k/ea.
- No tome merchant. Zaishen guys, sure, but they are ripping you off (silver zaishen coin is worth 2k+, so it's cheaper to buy from the skill trainer and even cheaper buying tomes from players).
- The AI doesn't recognize Soul Taker as health sacrifice skills for the purpose of Dark Aura.
- Dark Aura has health cost that is better assumed by a backline or midline character than the Soul Taker user, squishy necromancer with already health sacrifice from Soul Taker. In addition, Dark Aura at 16 DM requires a superior rune, which incurs a -75hp handicap, again better assumed by a supporting hero. Also if Dark Aura is on another character you free a skill slot, casting time, and attribute points to invest elsewhere, for instance a shield req or protection skills.
- You may trick the AI by bringing other skills with health sacrifice, but this costs a skill slot, and the AI still prioritizes ritualists using Spirit Light and necromancers using Enfeebling Blood.
- Ice Imps are not vulnerable to fire damage.
Some things I'd like to see
Renewing Smash and Sugar Shock on the same skill bar.
|Over The Limit
||Elite Enchantment spell
||Your level is increased by 2...7...8, and your attributes are increased by 1...2...2.
||For 30 seconds, elemental hexes recharge 33% faster. Whenever you apply an Elemental hex to a foe, that foe is set on fire for 1...4...5 second[s].
||Fixed duration allows for more synergy with Fragility; Some kind of recharge reduction is very helpful as the hexes have a rather long one.
|Master of Magic
||Elite Enchantment spell
||All of your elemental attributes are set to 8...13...14 and your elemental spells return 40% of their Energy cost.
||Reducing energy cost
||Elemental and chaos damage you deal is increased by 1 for each point of overcast you have. When this enchantment ends, you lose 10 overcast.
||Credits to Falconeye.
||Your elemental spells have 20...44...50% armor penetration if you are on fire.
|Armor of Spirits
||You are treated as a spirit, and gain immunity to healing and conditions.
|Better on my own
||As long as there is no spirit in earshot, your attacks and ritualist spells deal 0...16...20 more damage.
||Elementalist enchantments recharge 66% faster. You gain 1 energy for each ally affected when you cast an elementalist enchantment spell (max 5)
||Magnetic Surge, Magnetic Aura, Swirling Aura.
||Target ally aqcuires an armor of bones. He is treated as undead, and gets +40 armor against piercing and cold damage. The bones deal piercing damage on adjacent attacking foes. Exploits a fresh corpse. -20 armor against blunt damage and double damage from holy damage.
||Foes in the area can be attacked with melee weapons, but you attack 33% slower as you pause to recover the weapon every time.
|Hunt as One
||You and your animal companion steal health with your attacks as long as you are adjacent to each other.
||You merge with your pet. You move 25% faster, and attack twice. Skills that usually affect your pet affect you instead.
|Call to Nothingness
||Target and ajacent foes have -20 armor against your lightning damage. Any hexed foe killed while under the effects of this hex will have its corpse removed from the game.
||Single-target Necromancer spells affect nearby foes as well.
|Ripples of Magic
||Wards and wells cover a wider area and last longer. Whenever you cast a well or ward, that well or ward is replicated for the nearest valid target.
||Wells and wards
||Wells you cast are centered on you and do not require a corpse.
||Summons a temporary copy of target non-boss foe.
||No attribute, Warrior ?
||You and target foe cannot move. Off-hand and dual hand weapons are disabled
||Little AoE spells.
||You and target foe exchange weapons.
||Turns high requirements and penalty from zealous, seize the day, etc... into an advantage.
||Spells you cast activate and recharge 50% faster. you take double damage.
||Throw a slow moving fireball that deals 50...130...150 fire damage on impact. If no enemy is hit, a random ally takes 50...130...150 fire damage.
||Animate one bone minion lvl 1...5...6 for each party member suffering from Deep Wound.
||Conditions you suffer from are applied to target ally instead, and that ally also pays all health sacrifice cost of your skills. If that ally was under the effects of Masochism, he is healed for 1...20...25 when one of these effects trigger.
|"This is ELONA!"
||Target foe is knocked down and teleported away from you. If there was a hole behind him, that foe takes 10...82...100 damage and the knockdown lasts 10s.
||Nearby foes and allies with a sense of smell take 10...18...20 damage every time you use a shout or chant. Vampires and Incubi take 100 damage instead.
Pretty unused icons.
Playing with a friend
5 gimmicky teambuilds ideas
Arcane mimicry flesh golem copy.
Flesh golem with heroic refrain : level 32 (sometimes 34 with a mastery staff), and apparently HR on the minion make him deal more damage !
heroic refrain master of magic : 20 in all elemental attributes ? -> Yes !! but mechanic is a bit weird
mark of rodgort zealot's fire
Professions Tier List
Those that listen
To Lensor, for the page layout code.
A special thanks to all those taking the time to correct my mistakes, especially Steve1 and Greener.