Feedback talk:Stephen Clarke-Willson
- Thanks. I'm not sure it's in exactly the right place now, because this page doesn't show it: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:Game_updates --The preceding unsigned comment was added by Stephen Clarke-Willson (talk) at 02:18, 30 January 2020 (UTC).
Anniversary Shield "Curtain"
Cheers, Thanks for your hard work on this update !
- Thank you so much for you and and everyone else who got this update out! Much appreciated on the updates. Vincent Evan [Air Henchman] 02:13, 23 April 2020 (UTC)
Some remaining issues
I saw that you fixed the potentially game-breaking bug with the new elite mesmer and elementalist skills, so I was wondering if you could have a look into a few of the other issues :
- First, the Ranger elite skill, which triggers on all allies, rather than just party members and maybe their pets. This makes it game-breaking with minions and spirits.
- Second, the mesmer shield. Mesmers are already very strong and this gives them 8 additional armor for almost no cost as all mesmers will use 9 fast casting at least. It is offset by the lack of a slot for a shield handle, but it is still very strong, especially in PvP.
- Third, the new weapons, which despite their new requirement, actually still scale with their usual Mastery rank, defeating their purpose.
- Fourth, the elite skills are classified core despite being only available on a specific campaign. They also contribute to the skill hunter title. As this was not the case for the norn blessings it doesn't look like it was intended.
Additional feedback :
- The new monk elite skill is great but it's too weak. It could use a reduced recharge (7s for instance) and reward primary monks more, dealing 15...43...50 holy damage instead of the current 15...19...20.
- The elementalist elite skill is also fairly weak. The effects are simply not good enough for the cost. 20...52...60% casting+recharge time wouldn't make it too strong, especially since it doesn't come with spell cost reduction nor attribute increase. Another good thing could be an armor penetration boost to elementalists spells (similarly to Destructive Was Glaive or Cruel Was Daoshen) since elementalists struggle with high armor ratings and high level foes in highend PvE. And/or removing overcast.
- Heroic Refrain is incredibly strong. +5/6 attribute rank to everyone is too much. But from a practical perspective the player will just cast it on all party members at the beginning of the map then maintain it with "They're on Fire!" and never use it again. So 15s recharge means waiting for 120s for 8-people teams, at least 5s would be only 40s.
- Alternatively, Heroic Refrain could be party-wide. On paper it might make it more powerful, but as Ruine stated, the final effect will be the same and it just reduces tediousness. Steve1 (talk) 09:24, 25 April 2020 (UTC)
- Just wanting to offer a (hopefully easiest) solution to the unique attributes anniversary weapons debacle: make these weapons mechanically unique types that do not link to any mastery attribute. Wands and staves already do this, only scaling by player level and a met requirement. This way the weapons can exist as intended, while simultaneously bypassing the mastery check in the damage calculations. Whether or not they will do slightly less expected damage should not be too noticable for general gameplay. - Infinite - talk 23:06, 25 April 2020 (UTC)
- The elementalist elite is practically just an elite version of Iron Mist, which works on any spell because it's bugged, and is still not overpowered. --DANDY ^_^ -- 23:17, 25 April 2020 (UTC)
I just wanted to say thanks for the balance patch/bug fix for the content released on the Anniversary Update (to you and to anyone else associated with the updates). The update has really reinvigorated my and others' interest in the game, and I'm glad that y'all were willing to fix what needed to be fixed to make the update as exciting and magical as it is. Thanks again. Aqua (talk) 23:38, 30 April 2020 (UTC)
- Yes, thank you guys very much. Good job on the changes, you guys hit the nail on the head with them. Soldier198 (talk) 23:45, 30 April 2020 (UTC)
Black dye bug is back
Nick the Traveler bug
When you read it it will probably be too late, but: There is a bug related to Nick while collecting Stormy Eyes in Pockmark Flats. Dude doesn't spawn. For more details: Talk:Nicholas the Traveler#2020 Stormy eyes - bug found.
- had that happen to me. I zoned back to serenity temple and ran down again he was there. I think it depends on which set of foes spawns. When he was there near him just had devourers, when he wasn't a bunch of stormy guys was there. Durp da durp (talk) 05:00, 31 December 2020 (UTC)
Game loses focus on multi-monitor setup
Many thanks for your continued support of Guild Wars! However, since October, I have an issue with the game losing focus in my multi-monitor setup.
If I'm running GW windowed on my secondary monitor, and I'm clicking/releasing the right mouse button for camera rotation, it happens very often the mouse is suddenly at the center of the primary monitor and the app on that position is activated and its context menu was just activated.
It seems while holding down the right mouse button for camera rotation, GW is hiding the mouse and putting it on the center of the monitor. This works fine on the primary monitor. However, if GW is running on the secondary monitor, the chosen mouse position is the center of the primary monitor and not the center of the monitor GW is running on. So sometimes, the app on that position is activated accidentally if one clicks and releases the right mouse button frequently. Would be nice if this glitch could be fixed some time. Silmar Alech (talk) 21:58, 26 January 2021 (UTC)