From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Hot fix -- April 22, 2020
- Fixed a bug that caused the skills 'Time Ward' and 'Over the Limit' to reduce skill recharges by more than intended.
Update -- April 22, 2020
This April brings us to fifteen years since the release of Guild Wars in 2005. In celebration, we're adding some new rewards to the yearly Anniversary Celebration:
- The Ancient Anniversary Weaponsmith's inventory has been reinforced with the Anniversary set, containing weapons with familiar looks but previously unavailable attribute requirements.
- Additionally, at the Ancient Anniversary Weaponsmith, heroes can acquire a Proof of Triumph. Carrying this relic will cause an extra enemy group and boss to appear in four late-game maps—fight your way to them, and be sure to bring a Signet of Capture along to acquire a new PvE-only Elite Skill for each profession! If you miss this year's celebration, don't worry—the Proof of Triumph will continue to work when the festival ends so you can adventure with a friend to seek out the new skills.
Guild Wars Wiki Notes
- A total of ten new elite skills were added to the game.
- Certain newly introduced weapons had an attribute requirement that did not match their mastery attribute, causing them to not deal the listed damage unless the respective weapon mastery was also of a high enough rank (i.e. Axe Mastery is also required to deal full damage with the Anniversary Axe "Engrave" even if the requirement is listed to be Energy Storage). This was fixed in a later update.