Allegiance rank is a term for a pair of title tracks: the Friend of the Kurzicks title track and the Friend of the Luxons title track. They are earned for your account through the transfer of Kurzick faction or Luxon faction. These titles can be displayed in the "Honor" monument from tier 4 onwards.
Rank gained by helping the Kurzicks in their battle against the Luxons.
— in-game description
Rank gained by helping the Luxons in their battle against the Kurzicks.
— in-game description
Faction allegiance title track
Tier Rank names Faction transferred Faction cap increase 1 Kurzick/Luxon Supporter (1) 100,000 5,000 2 Friend of the Kurzicks/Luxons (2) 250,000 6,000 3 Companion of the Kurzicks/Luxons (3) 400,000 7,000 4 Ally of the Kurzicks/Luxons (4) 550,000 8,000 5 Sentinel of the Kurzicks/Luxons (5) 875,000 9,000 6 Steward of the Kurzicks/Luxons (6) 1,200,000 10,000 7 Defender of the Kurzicks/Luxons (7) 1,850,000 11,000 8 Warden of the Kurzicks/Luxons (8) 2,500,000 12,000 9 Bastion of the Kurzicks/Luxons (9) 3,750,000 13,000 10 Champion of the Kurzicks/Luxons (10) 5,000,000 14,000 11 Hero of the Kurzicks/Luxons (11) 7,500,000 15,000 12 Savior of the Kurzicks/Luxons (12) 10,000,000 16,000
- At level 20, upon gaining the first rank (Kurzick or Luxon Supporter), the following skills, which scale in power with Allegiance rank, become available from a Kurzick Bureaucrat or a Luxon Scavenger for 3,000 faction points each:
- The Kurzick and Luxon versions are considered separate skills, however you cannot simultaneously equip both a Kurzick skill and a Luxon skill.
- The first rank increases the faction cap by 5,000, each subsequent rank increases it by 1,000.
Transfer the respective faction points to either a Kurzick Bureaucrat or a Luxon Scavenger. Faction points can be transferred in several ways (shown in table below). Depending on the method used, the number of faction points transferred does not correspond with the amount gained towards the progress of this title track.
|Method||Faction points spent||Title points gained|
|Donate faction points to your guild1 ("Raise Alliance reputation")||5,000||10,000|
|Exchange faction points for Amber Chunks or Jadeite Shards||5,000||5,000|
|Exchange faction points for Passage Scrolls to either Urgoz's Warren or The Deep||1,000||1,000|
|Exchange faction points for Kurzick or Luxon skills2||3,000||6,000|
|Turning in Shiro's Return||None||10,000-120,000 depending on mode and pages filled|
|Turning in Young Heroes of Tyria||None||16,000-90,000 depending on pages filled|
- You must be in a guild with allegiance to the appropriate faction in order to transfer faction in this manner.
- You must have at least rank 1 with the appropriate faction and be level 20 in order to exchange points for skills.
Unlike other reputation titles, faction points you earn don't count directly to the title. You must earn the faction points, and then transfer them. You have a maximum initial capacity of 10,000 unspent faction (Luxon Faction and Kurzick Faction) on your account, which can be increased as you progress through Factions. Any further faction you earn after reaching the cap is wasted, so it's advisable to spend the faction before that point. Consider waiting for a Faction Support weekly bonus before turning in quests that reward Kurzick or Luxon faction points.
The faction can be earned by:
- Completing quests in the factions' respective regions (see Category:Rewards Kurzick faction, Category:Rewards Luxon faction).
- Exchanging Imperial faction earned through Competitive Missions or Alliance Battles at a ratio of 1:1.
- Playing in the faction's challenge missions or elite missions.
- Bribing the priest of the opposing faction to activate a Resurrection Shrine.
- Through kills after receiving the blessing from Kurzick or Luxon Priests (getting Blessing of the Kurzicks and Blessing of the Luxons respectively).
- Completing the Arborstone, Boreas Seabed, Gyala Hatchery, Eternal Grove, and Unwaking Waters missions the first time per character.
- Vanquishing zones in the Jade Sea or Echovald Forest. The faction type corresponds to the zone (Kurzick for Echovald Forest, Luxon for the Jade Sea).
Recommended point farming
- See also: Faction farm
- Alliance Battles
- The Jade Quarry
- With 1,000 Imperial faction for a win, plus 300 for each jade slab collected, this is an extremely effective way to gain faction. With a good team, a donation can be made every 15 minutes.
- Receive 5,000 Imperial faction from Zehnchu after winning 3 battles with the Jade Quarry Zaishen quest in your quest log.
- Echovald Forest (Kurzick faction)
- Arborstone (explorable area) provides a relatively easy run to kill the four Stone Guardian bosses there, to reap the boss bounty under the Kurzick blessing.
- Duel of the Houses is a repeatable quest in Drazach Thicket. A strong team can complete this in a few minutes and it is fully hero/henchable. Frozen Soil is recommended to make things go faster as opponents all carry Resurrection Signet.
- Amatz Basin is a challenge mission south of Mourning Veil Falls. A perma-assassin team of three can tank all the wardens coming from each direction and divert their attention away from the Kurzick refugees running past to a portal. (Gives 1 Kurzick faction for each NPC who makes it alive and 50 faction for every 10 people.)
- The Jade Sea (Luxon faction)
- Zos Shivros Channel can be AFK farmed. After wave 7 the challenge mission bugs out, and never sends wave 8 and later waves to the island where Battle Priest Calibos stands. This allows players to gain 50 faction / minute indefinitely without any risk or effort. Certain hero team comps can successfully complete the first 7 waves without any player input.
- The Jade Arena is a repeatable quest in Archipelagos. A strong team can complete this in a few minutes and it is fully hero/henchable. Frozen Soil is recommended to make things go faster as opponents all carry Resurrection Signet. When leaving from Breaker Hollow the Luxon Priest can be bribed for an extra 10 faction per kill on the way to and during the quest. The maximum price to bribe the priest and receive the blessing is the same as the amount you are rewarded each time you complete the quest.
- Combined with priest blessings, you effectively earn 70 faction per kill (plus boss bonuses), easily resulting in gains of about 17,000 faction from a complete vanquish. Speed clearing is perhaps the most widely-used method for quickly earning...
- The maximum faction cap for each type of faction is 70,000; see Kurzick faction and/or Luxon faction for details.
- You can maximize either title by:
- Completing Shiro's Return (hard mode) just over 83 times.
- Playing on the winning team for 357 hours in The Jade Quarry (assuming each round takes 15 minutes and you earn at least 4,000 Imperial Faction per round).
- Completing at least 172 Vanquishes (assuming 58,000 faction each VQ, which implies an area with 400 enemies and 4 bosses and that you donate your faction to your guild).
- Allegiance rank for title skills translates to an effective attribute rank as follows:
Progression Allegiance rank 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Effective attribute rank 0 2 5 7 10 12 15 15 15 15 15 15 15
- You can boost your effective rank to higher values by using Signet of Illusions or Symbolic Celerity, which respectively substitute Illusion Magic and Fast Casting as the determining attribute.
- The Zaishen title track uses the same title prefix for every rank but the last tier.
|Core||Cartographer • Drunkard • Guardian • Maxed Titles • Party Animal • Protector • Skill Hunter • Survivor • Sweet Tooth • Vanquisher|
|Prophecies||Legendary Defender of Ascalon|
|Nightfall||Lightbringer • Sunspear|
|Eye of the North||Asura • Deldrimor • Ebon Vanguard • Master of the North • Norn|
|All campaigns||Legendary Cartographer • Legendary Guardian • Legendary Skill Hunter • Legendary Vanquisher|
|Core||Champion • Codex • Gamer • Gladiator • Hero • Lucky • Treasure Hunter • Unlucky • Wisdom • Zaishen|
|Factions||Kurzick • Luxon|