Master of the North
|Master of the North|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Master of the North title track
Tier Title Mastery points 1 Adventurer of the North 100 2 Pioneer of the North 200 3 Veteran of the North 350 4 Conqueror of the North 550 5 Master of the North 750 6 Legendary Master of the North
First time completion of... Mode Points Count Total Each repeatable primary quest Normal mode 5 11 55 Hard mode 10 11 110 Each dungeon Normal mode 10 18 180 Hard mode 20 18 360 Uncovering each percent of the EotN map (Either) 1 1001 1001 Vanquishing each explorable area Hard mode 15 15 225 Total Possible 10311
- 1 It is possible to uncover more than 100% of the map, adding up to four additional points: one from thorough scraping and three more via portal jumping. (These four points are not enough to allow you to skip another activity.)
The 31 extra points (beyond 1000) can be used to avoid some grinding. For example, if you complete everything else, you can skip any one of the following:
- A single dungeon (in normal and hard modes).
- Any two vanquishes.
- Three normal mode dungeons.
- Scraping to uncover every last bit of the map.
- Three hard mode missions.
The game does not provide you a list that makes it easy to see which tasks remain for your character. You can either keep track on paper or use following in-game work-arounds:
- For dungeons and missions, either
- Use the icons on the map to track which areas have been vanquished.
- Map exploration can be tracked using whichever method you prefer for completing cartographer titles.
World map icons
Locations to explore
Strikethroughsindicate places that don't contribute to the title.
- Outpost: Gunnar's Hold, Boreal Station, Eye of the North, Longeye's Ledge, Olafstead, Sifhalla
- Explorable area: Bjora Marches, Drakkar Lake, Hall of Monuments, Ice Cliff Chasms, Jaga Moraine, Norrhart Domains,
Polymock Glacier, Varajar Fells
- Outpost: Gadd's Encampment, Rata Sum, Tarnished Haven, Umbral Grotto, Vlox's Falls
- Explorable area: Arbor Bay, Alcazia Tangle, Magus Stones,
Polymock Coliseum, Riven Earth, Sparkfly Swamp, Verdant Cascades
- Outpost: Doomlore Shrine
- Explorable area: Dalada Uplands, Grothmar Wardowns,
Polymock Crossing, Sacnoth Valley
Normally inaccessible areas
Some places can be reached even though they were not designed to be visited or become inaccessible as the character progresses through the storyline. None of these areas are required for the title, but any fog exposed while exploring them will count towards its progression. In some cases, they also lead to the end of the world (i.e. an area where terrain is no longer rendered). There are also several places where your character can uncover bonus areas — spots on the map that cannot be exposed through normal exploration (these places are usually marked in black when using Cartography Made Easy, but are included in Borderless Cartography Made Easy); these places add additional leeway to the title, since they add progress but are not counted as part of the 100%. Another important note is that uncovering all of the known map isn't enough to skip another dungeon, mission or vanquish.
- Drakkar Lake: during The Great Norn Alemoot, you can ignore the challenge and run through the portals to the south. Beware of foes.
- Varajar Fells: during Bear Club for Men or its counterpart Bear Club for Women, you can again ignore the challenge and use Return or Death's Retreat to bypass the bodyblock and run through the portals to the south north-west and south-west. Like the previous quest, beware of foes.
- Vlox's Falls: during Trial of Zinn, it is possible to go to otherwise unreachable zones. Again, Return or similar Shadow Steps work well to bypass bodyblock. By jumping past the Golem sentries you can uncover areas beyond the portals from Arbor Bay to Shards of Orr, Alcazia Tangle and Riven Earth.
- Grothmar Wardowns: you can portal jump past the portal leading to Ooze Pit and uncover a long ribbon of fog along the south of the map.
- Varajar Fells: The portal to the south-east can be portal jumped using Viper's Defence or Heart of Shadow, since the rocky cliff to the right (when looking at the portal) is actually empty. Stay close to the right side. The area can also be explored during Bear Club for Men/Bear Club for Women
Any of the areas requiring a special quest can still be reached with SaO chains if the relevant quests are unavailable.
- Like all PvE titles earned by individual accomplishments, only the maxed title can be added to the "Honor" monument.
- It is possible to earn one Master of the North point (along with triggering the title to show in Hero panel) without possessing Eye of the North expansion while possessing all the stand-alone campaigns (Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall) and having access to the Golem User Manual from Zinn's M.O.X. hero quest, since Secret Underground Lair location is a part of the Eye of the North expansion territory.
- The Insidious Remnants and Service: In Defense of the Eye quests provide an opportunity to uncover the maps of Alcazia Tangle and Ice Cliff Chasms, respectively, without the interference from foes. With a bit of skill (most paths are shut), you can also map most of Riven Earth during GOLEM and most of Bjora Marches during Blood Washes Blood.
- The reward for all quests that will be completed by doing the dungeons in normal and hard mode amounts 232,000 experience, 46 500 , 2,500 Norn reputation points and 1,250 Dwarven reputation points.
- Completing each primary quest and dungeon exactly once each in both normal mode and hard mode, and turning in the relevant books, you can earn 150,000 reputation points, 300,000 experience, 64 reward items, and 30. This includes:
- 150,000 reputation points: 15,000 Vanguard, 27,500 Norn, 15,000 Asura, and 20,000 Dwarven reputation points from the dungeons.
- 48 items that might be gold or green weapons, Polymock pieces, Diamonds, or Onyx Gemstones
- 3 random Wintersday items
- 3 Dwarven and/or Aged Dwarven Ales
- 3 Snowman Summoners.
- 2 Lockpicks
- 2 Onyx Gemstones
- 2 Deldrimor Armor Remnants
|Core||Cartographer • Drunkard • Guardian • Maxed Titles • Party Animal • Protector • Skill Hunter • Survivor • Sweet Tooth • Vanquisher|
|Prophecies||Legendary Defender of Ascalon|
|Nightfall||Lightbringer • Sunspear|
|Eye of the North||Asura • Deldrimor • Ebon Vanguard • Master of the North • Norn|
|All campaigns||Legendary Cartographer • Legendary Guardian • Legendary Skill Hunter • Legendary Vanquisher|
|Core||Champion • Codex • Gamer • Gladiator • Hero • Lucky • Treasure Hunter • Unlucky • Wisdom • Zaishen|
|Factions||Kurzick • Luxon|