Bear Club for Women
|Bear Club for Women|
|Section||Far Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by||Olaf Olafson |
|Preceded by||The Great Norn Alemoot|
|Followed by||Prenuptial Disagreement (female)|
- This article is about the female version of the quest. For the male version, see Bear Club for Men.
- Speak to Olaf about the bear.
- Clutch the Club of a Thousand Bears.
- Defeat the bear using the club given to you. <Killing it without the club equipped will not count.>
- See Olaf Olafson for your reward
You get a hammer to kill the bear with:
- Club of a Thousand Bears (weapon)
- Blunt Dmg: 15-15
- Inscription: None
Although you are given a bear club, you only have to be wielding it when the bear dies for the quest to be considered successfully completed. This means that you can fight the bear normally using other weapons to weaken it, and then switch to the club for the killing blow.
- See also: Bear Club/Guide for a detailed walkthrough
- Hammer attacks can be used when the club is equipped.
- 24 (26) Rabid Bear
- Olaf Olafson
- I don't know how to take this. A spindly human...a girl...has taken my drinking crown! Go ahead and gloat, <character name>, but tell me...can you defeat a rabid bear? I have.
- In my youth I stumbled upon a vicious bear roaming the trails, foaming at the mouth and with murder in its eyes. Did I run and cry like a cub? No! I tussled with that hairy beast using nothing but my trusty club and cunning wit. Of course, my outfit was ruined...and it took a few months for my hair to grow back, but that's beside the point. So tell me, dear, can you match my unmitigated brutality and courage to take down the grizzly beast?
- Olaf Olafson
- Back so soon? Tell me, did you giggle like a child when that bear keeled over like a sack of drunken Dwarves?
- We are alike you and I. Our tales are legend across the land. We are both fierce warriors, born leaders...and lonely heroes seeking love. We are destined to be family, you and I. I see many large, strapping, and unruly boys to continue the Olaf tradition in our future!
- Male characters receive the quest Bear Club for Men instead of this quest which is given by the smitten Olrun Olafdottir in Varajar Fells on the way to the Raven's Point entrance.
- This quest has a special map zone it shares with the male version. This map zone is named Varajar Fells, but is not the same as the explorable area. Notably, the portals to Battledepths, Raven's Point and Verdant Cascades are inactive.
- It is possible by shadow stepping past the Norn Guards to explore and reveal additional parts of the map by walking through the inactive portals. However, the map is populated with foes, so be prepared to deal with them or run past them.
- You can use any weapon to beat on the bear, only the finishing blow must be with the Club of a Thousand Bears equipped. Degeneration and interrupting the bear's Troll Unguent work, as does spirits and traps. Using the Ursan Blessing elite skill can be effective.
- When resigning in the mission area you will not die, after the timer runs out you will be transported back to Olaf Olafson in Olafstead but you will be alone without your party members if you had any to begin with.
- The name of this quest is a pun on the Hair Club for Men, a company infamous in the hair restoration business.