|Campaign||Eye of the North|
The Verdant Cascades, part of the Woodland Cascades north of Kryta, draws its name from the lush flora, flowing waters, and cascading falls all around it, attracting even Jotun from the Shiverpeak Mountains to its northeastern cliffs. The Riders claim the east, the Skelk infest the north, and the Quetzal Tengu have settled in the southwestern corner.
- Slavers' Exile (southeast, sealed prior to completing A Time for Heroes)
- Umbral Grotto (west)
- Varajar Fells (northeast)
- 20 Roall (Collector of 5 Skelk Claws)
- 1 Swarm of Bees
- 8 Moa Bird
- 20 (30) Snow Wurm (become hostile if you challenge Ulfarr Leadfoot)
- 20 Asura Trooper (dead)
- 8 (8) Moa Bird
- 15 (25) Elder Crocodile
- 28 (30) Jotun Skullsmasher
- 20 (26) Wind Rider
- 28 (30) Bridge Troll
- There is a large flock of moa birds to the north of the exit to Umbral Grotto.
- There is a large group of hostile elder crocodiles in the north at the waterfall cave.
- Around each of the Notice to Trespassers, you will see some corpses as well as two Skelk. When you approach, a nearby group of Quetzal will charge the Skelk and attack them.
- Environment Effects:
- Rock Slide (cave northwest of center)
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 288 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 268 to 308 foes.
- The Skelk and Quetzal are hostile to each other.
- There are hidden arachnids in the eastern side of the caves to the northeast.
- There is one spot to the southwest of Wilderm Wrathspew's position where a few hidden Skelk appear one at a time.
- Near the center, two groups of Quetzal appear to be dueling each other. You can either wait for one side to finish the other, or engage them.
- Near the portal to Varajar Fells there is a cave full of Jotun if you have problems finding your last group.
- Another place to look for your last group is along the southern boundary - there's a large hill with an easy-to-miss path behind it.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Woodland Cascades.|
- This area is considered to be part of the Tarnished Coast (despite being on the far side of both Kryta and the Maguuma Jungle).
|Explorable areas in the Tarnished Coast|
|Arbor Bay • Alcazia Tangle • Magus Stones • Polymock Coliseum • Riven Earth • Sparkfly Swamp • Verdant Cascades|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|