From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Magus Stones is the explorable area south and west of Rata Sum. It is populated by Krait and Hylek to the east and west respectively, with deadly spiders roaming the southeast.
- Machine Krewe Members → Asuran Bodyguard
- Northeast, at the exit into Rata Sum.
- East, at the exit into Alcazia Tangle.
- Southwest, at the exit into Arachni's Haunt.
- West, by the rope bridge and waterfalls.
- Northwest, by the exit into Oola's Lab.
- North, and west of Rata Sum, near Veturni Mindsquall.
- Centre, northwest of Bredyss Longstride.
These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- 20 Kaplack (collector of 5 Amphibian Tongues)
- 20 Machine Krewe Member (offers the Asuran Bodyguard blessing)
- 20 Commander Hixx
- 20 Hudd
- 20 Vask
- 20 Blimm (not before Lab Space)
- 15 Shining Blade Warrior (dead)
- 5 Iguana
- 14 (24) Spider
- 24 (26) Venomweaver
- 24 (26) Lifeweaver
- 24 (26) Bloodweaver
- 20 (26) Hylek Amini
- 20 (26) Hylek Tlamatini
- 20 (26) Hylek Nahualli
- 20 (26) Hylek Cuicana
- 18, 19 (25), 20..23 (26) Krait Neoss
- 20..23 (26) Krait Devouss
- 20..23 (26) Krait Necross
- 20..23 (26) Krait Hypnoss
- 20..23 (26) Krait Arcanoss
- 20 (26) Wind Rider
- 24 (30) Skomay Bonehewer → Steady Stance (The Bonehewer)
- 24 (30) Ashlyn Spiderfriend → Enraged Lunge (Ashlyn's Shortbow)
- 20 (20) Elder Black Widow (Ashlyn Spiderfriend's pet)
- 27 (30) Byndliss Flamecrown → Dragon Slash (Byndliss' Reaver)
- 28 (30) Bredyss Longstride → Plague Signet (Bredyss' Staff)
- 28 (30) Veturni Mindsquall → Crippling Anguish (The Mindsquall)
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 389 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 368 to 409 foes.
- Discounting quest influences, it has been reported to range from 368 to 409.
- The groups of Wind Riders can interrupt most skill usage and apply heavy area of effect damage with Cry of Frustration. Try to spread out before engaging to minimize the shutdown.
- Beware of hidden Arachnids when you traverse narrow tunnels or valley passes.
- The density of mobs in the area makes it possible to complete this vanquish while under the effects of a single Hunt Rampage bonus, which would allow one to earn approximately 12,000 Asura reputation points per hour.
- A Magus is a magician, from the old Persian word for magic.
|Explorable areas in the Tarnished Coast|
|Arbor Bay • Alcazia Tangle • Magus Stones • Polymock Coliseum • Riven Earth • Sparkfly Swamp • Verdant Cascades|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|