From Guild Wars Wiki
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Exit(s)|| Alcazia Tangle|
The great stone bridge spanning the chasm
- Machine Krewe Members → Asuran Bodyguard
- 20 Sokka
- 20 G.O.L.E.M. 1.0 (see notes)
- 5 Iguana
- 20, 21, 22, 23 (26) Cloudtouched Simian
- 20, 21, 22, 23 (26) Simian Spiritcaller
- 20, 21, 22, 23 (26) Redhand Simian
- 28 (30) Joffs the Mitigator → Shockwave (Joffs' Focus)
- 28 (30) Rekoff Broodmother → Assassin's Promise (Claws of the Broodmother)
- After completing Genius Operated Living Enchanted Manifestation, speak with Sokka to obtain an Asuran Beacon, which can be dropped to create a G.O.L.E.M. 1.0 to aid your party.
- This is a popular spot for farming Asura reputation due to the large concentration of Raptor Nestlings in a cave close to the entrance.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests yielded roughly 285 foes or so. Discounting quest influences, it has been reported to range from 260 to 300.
- These Quests influence the spawns in this area: The Asura Trap, The Cipher of Dwayna
- Keep spread out when engaging dinosaurs (especially Ceratadons); their area damage can easily kill bunched up heroes and henchmen.
- Keep away from the forested area west of the Golem Foundry, to avoid triggering the hidden spider groups there (but do find the Simians in the clearing north of it).
- There are also hidden spider groups right before reaching Gallow Nooseknitter.
- After completion of the Eye of the North storyline, the small number of Destroyers in the north are actually separated into two hostile groups that will fight each other.
- This area comprises approximately 6% of the mappable area in Eye of the North; you can uncover most of it during the G.O.L.E.M. mission by killing the originally spawning Destroyers and before activating the kilns.
- The name Riven Earth is an anagram for Thrive Near (other locations in the Tarnished Coast are also anagrams, e.g. Rata Sum = Mursaat).
- There is a big stone bridge spanning the chasm, which can be traversed to quickly get from one side to the other side over the middle of the map. It is however not visible on the minimap.
- Near the center, towards the north, there is a circle of 8 Venomweavers that surround a Ceratadon corpse that perform a repeated animation sequence.
|Explorable areas in the Tarnished Coast|
|Arbor Bay • Alcazia Tangle • Magus Stones • Polymock Coliseum • Riven Earth • Sparkfly Swamp • Verdant Cascades|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|