|Neighbor(s)||Depths of Tyria|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Interactive Map of the Tarnished Coast
Tarnished Coast signpost.
Previously uninhabited, the Tarnished Coast is the coast of the Maguuma Jungle. It is where the Asura now reside, forced from the Depths of Tyria by the Destroyers. It currently acts as their staging ground for their stand against the Great Destroyer. It is full of ruins that have been renovated by the Asura, and is home to ground that is brimming with magical energies, and in turn levitates. Some of this magic is harnessed for the Golems.
The architecture of the Tarnished Coast is a combination of preexisting architecture with Asuran modifications. It is unknown which race or civilization built the architecture, but one thing is for sure, there was once a civilization situated in the Tarnished Coast before the Asura arrived there.
Towns and outposts
- Arbor Bay
- Alcazia Tangle
- Magus Stones
- Polymock Coliseum
- Riven Earth
- Sparkfly Swampnote
- Verdant Cascadesnote
note These areas are mechanically considered to be part of the Tarnished Coast, despite not being so geographically.
- G.O.L.E.M. site
- Ventari's sanctuary
- Renk's laboratory
- Quetzal village
- Destroyer Hive
- Raptor cave
- Arbor Bay ruins
- Riven Earth falls
- Arachni's Haunt (Magus Stones)
- Bloodstone Caves (Sparkfly Swamp)
- Bogroot Growths (Sparkfly Swamp/Heart of the Shiverpeaks)
- Oola's Lab (Magus Stones)
- Secret Lair of the Snowmen (Umbral Grotto)
- Shards of Orr (Arbor Bay/Gadd's Encampment)
- Slavers' Exile (elite) (Verdant Cascades)
- Vloxen Excavations (Umbral Grotto/Vlox's Falls)
- Through the Asura Gates
- Ballad of Ice and Snow
- Hall of Heroes (originally from Guild Wars Prophecies)
- The Rift (originally from Prophecies)
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Tarnished Coast.|
- This region is considered the new homeland of the Asura, this is where Edification has an effect.
- Explorable areas here have Asuran krewe members that provide Asuran Bodyguard.