From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Region||Depths of Tyria|
|Reward chest||Bogroot Chest|
|Required quest||Tekks's War or|
Heart of the Shiverpeaks
Getting there from Gadd's Encampment
Map of the first level.
Map of the second level.
Bogroot Growths, a complex of caverns just outside Sparkfly Swamp, is a war zone. The caverns are home to two frogmen tribes, the Ophil and the Gokir. The habitats of these tribes collided due to some... unfortunate miscalculations... during an Asuran digging expedition, forcing the antagonistic creatures uncomfortably close to each other. Both groups now vie for dominance, with each side supported by one of two Asuran observers. We were asked to choose a side in this inter-clan war and bring an end to the bloodshed... for the sake of progress, of course.
- Asuran reputation points
- First time: 1,000 (1,500 in hard mode)
- On repeat: 500 (750 in hard mode)
- Area Map
- Bogroot Chest (reward chest, after killing Khabuus or Z'him Monns)
- Boss Lock
- Locked Chest
- Scrap of Parchment
- Torn Cloth
Hidden objects are revealed using Light of Deldrimor.
- Level 1
- 24 (24) Dwarven Hero - One next to the second resurrection shrine.
- 24 (24) Dwarven Hero - One in the west-most part of the large open area with the level exit.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Six in the corridor with the poison traps.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - One in the west-most part of the large open area with the level exit.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Two in the east part of the large open area with the level exit.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - One near the level exit.
- Level 2
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - One at the end of the body of water, northwest from the level entrance.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - One in the east part of the room with the level entrance.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Five in the cave with the many dancing lights.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Three near the first Area Map.
- 20 Giriff (only during Giriff's War)
- 20 Tekks (only during Tekks's War)
- 20 Onkk (collector for 5 Beetle Eggs)
- 20 Blonk (collector for 5 Amphibian Tongues)
- 1 Beacon of Droknar (Provides Dwarven Raider)
- 5 Albino Rat (level 2 only)
- Gokir (Allied during Giriff's War)
- 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 (26) Gokir Amini
- 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 (26) Gokir Tlamatini
- 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 (26) Gokir Nahualli
- 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 (26) Gokir Cuicani
- Ophil (Allied during Tekks's War)
- 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 (26) Ophil Amini
- 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 (26) Ophil Tlamatini
- 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 (26) Ophil Nahualli
- 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 (26) Ophil Cuicani
- 24 (26) Blooming Nettle
- 20 (26) Nettle Seedling
- 20 (26) Fanged Ayahuasca
- 15 (25) Parasitic Growth (level 2 only)
- 28 (30) Savage Oakheart (level 1 only)
- 10 (24) Fungal Spore (level 2 only)
- 15 (25) Nettle Spore
- 20 (26) Stormcloud Incubus (level 2 only)
Insects (level 2 only)
- 20 (26) Thorn Beetle Queen
- 20 (26) Ghosteater Beetle
- 20 (26) Thorn Beetle
- 24 (30) Gokir Patriarch (one on level 1, three on level 2, during Tekks's War) → Spirit's Strength
- 24 (30) Ophil Patriarch (one on level 1, three on level 2, during Giriff's War) → Spirit's Strength
- 29 (32) Khabuus (level 2, during Giriff's War)
- 29 (32) Z'him Monns (level 2, during Tekks's War)
- You only need to complete one of the two quests to receive credit towards completion of Master of the North and the Master Dungeon Guide.
- The portal to the Heart of the Shiverpeaks on Level 1 (near the entrance) is only open if you have the Giriff's War or Tekks's War quest active.
- This dungeon can be repeated immediately after clearing it as long as you claim the quest reward before waiting out the clock. When you return to Sparkfly Swamp, you can pick up either of the two quests.
- Because mobs are composed of large numbers of the same creature types, Disease and Edge of Extinction can be devastating.
- There are enough corpses for several minion masters; however, Ghosteater Beetles (with Consume Soul) and Khabuus during Giriff's War (with Spiritual Pain) have skills that deal additional damage to summoned creatures.
- Blooming Nettles spawn Nettle Spores which turn into Nettle Seedlings; killing the Blooming Nettles first will prevent the party from being overrun.
- When the spores become seedlings, they trigger on-death effects, including Soul Reaping and Assassin's Promise.
- You cannot get past the first room unless everyone in the party has at least one of the two quests in their quest log.
- Only one of the two quests can be active for the party; if Giriff joins you, Tekks will leave and vice-versa.
- If one member of the party has one of the quests active, that quest will become active for the other players upon entry into the dungeon.
Quest Common heket foe Bosses & Boss-like foe Allies Giriff's War Ophil Ophil Patriarchs & Khabuus Gokir (some) Tekks's War Gokir Gokir Patriarchs & Z'him Monns Ophil (some)
Anomaly.A boulder trap can be seen on first level on the upper part of the map but it apparently doesn't trigger.
Bug.Sometimes the two hekets near shrine, are invincible. Re-zone to continue the dungeon.
- This dungeon has many references to the online machinima series Red vs. Blue. The named NPCs are phonetic derivations from members of the Red vs. Blue universe:
|One-level||Ooze Pit • Fronis Irontoe's Lair • Secret Lair of the Snowmen|
|Two-level||Arachni's Haunt • Bogroot Growths • Sepulchre of Dragrimmar|
|Three-level||Bloodstone Caves • Catacombs of Kathandrax • Cathedral of Flames • Darkrime Delves • Heart of the Shiverpeaks • Oola's Lab • Raven's Point • Rragar's Menagerie • Shards of Orr • Vloxen Excavations|
|Five-level||Frostmaw's Burrows • Slavers' Exile|