Heart of the Shiverpeaks
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- "HoS" and "Hos" redirects here. For the skill, see Heart of Shadow.
- This article is about the dungeon. For the quest, see Heart of the Shiverpeaks (quest).
|Heart of the Shiverpeaks|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Region||Depths of Tyria|
|Reward chest||Mountain Heart Chest|
|Required quest||Heart of the Shiverpeaks|
Getting there from Central Transfer Chamber
Getting there from Eye of the North
Getting there from Gadd's Encampment
Getting there from Olafstead
The Heart of the Shiverpeaks, sealed long ago by the Blackpowder clan, holds many ancient Dwarven secrets. Its innermost reaches are guarded by a great fire wurm, Cyndr the Mountain Heart.
These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- 1 (20) Beacon of Droknar
Light of Deldrimor rewards
- Level 1
- A 24 Dwarven Ghost at or near every Resurrection Shrine
- 3 Hidden Treasures by the Area Map/Jacado the Putrid
- 2 Hidden Treasures under Ice Jet north of Cracked Wall
- 2 Hidden Treasures under Ice Jet on path to Erasklion the Prolific
- 2 Hidden Treasures by Resurrection Shrine at end of level
- 1 Hidden Treasure to the north of said end-level shrine, by an (inaccessible) area with what appears like scaffolding amongst swamp/jungle shrubbery
- 1 Hidden Treasure just north of the above and some stairs
- Level 2
- 3 Dwarven Ghosts at the beginning
- 2 Dwarven Ghosts in second chamber (with exit)
- Level 3
- 2 Dwarven Ghosts at the beginning
- 20 (26) Fleshreaver Hound (level 1)
- 20 (26) Fleshreaver Harrower (level 1)
- 20 (26) Fleshreaver Nephilim (level 1)
- 21, 22 (26) Ophil Amini (level 1)
- 20, 22, 23 (26) Ophil Tlamatini (level 1)
- 22 (26) Ophil Nahualli (level 1)
- 20, 21, 22 (26) Ophil Cuicani (level 1)
- 20 (26) Cryptwing Incubus (level 1)
- 20 (26) Bloodthirst Incubus (level 1)
- 20 (26) Stormcloud Incubus (level 1)
- 20 (26) Thorn Beetle Queen (level 1)
- 20 (26) Ghosteater Beetle (level 1)
- 20 (26) Thorn Beetle (level 1)
- 20 (26) Aggressive Ooze (levels 1 and 3)
- 24 (26) Magma Blister (level 3)
- 20 (26) Ominous Ooze (levels 1 and 3, except during Heart of the Shiverpeaks)
- 20 (26) Shimmering Ooze (levels 1 and 3, except during Heart of the Shiverpeaks)
- 20 (26) Earthbound Ooze (levels 1 and 3, except during Heart of the Shiverpeaks)
- 20 (26) Ooze Devourer (level 1)
- 20 (26) Cave Ayahuasca (level 1)
- 20 (26) Nettle Seedling (level 1)
- 15 (25) Parasitic Growth (level 1)
- 20 (26) Cave Aloe (level 1)
- 20 (26) Corrupted Aloe (level 1)
- 20 (26) Fungal Bloom (level 1)
- 10 (24) Fungal Spore (level 1)
- 15 (25) Nettle Spore (level 1)
- 24 (26) Skelk Corrupter (levels 1 and 2)
- 24 (26) Skelk Rampager (levels 1 and 2)
- 24 (26) Skelk Slasher (levels 1 and 2)
- 20 (26) Evil Corpse (level 1)
- 21, 22, 23, 24 (26) Skeletal Hound (level 1)
- 24 (26) Skeleton Illusionist (level 1)
- 24 (26) Skeleton Priest (level 1)
- 24 (26) Skeleton Wizard (level 1)
- 24 (26) Zombie Brute (level 1)
- 24 (26) Chained Cleric (level 1)
- 28 (26) Decayed Dragon (level 1)
- 24 (26) Zombie Necromancer (level 1)
- 29 Cyndr the Mountain Heart (level 3, during Heart of the Shiverpeaks quest)
- For tips on how to defeat Cyndr, see the boss' page here.
- If you have killed Cyndr the Mountain Heart before (either in Normal mode or Hard mode), you don't need a quest to complete this dungeon. Simply enter the dungeon and complete it. The final boss will be Magmus instead of Cyndr, who breaks into Jellies when killed. All of those Magma Blisters must be killed before the Mountain Heart Chest will spawn.
- If you do not have the Heart of the Shiverpeaks quest, Budger Blackpowder is available to provide powder kegs for your party. He is located prior to the Cracked Walls on each level.
- 1,500 Deldrimor reputation points are awarded for completing this dungeon for the first time in Normal Mode, and 750 points are awarded for subsequent completions. 2,250 Deldrimor reputation points are awarded for completing this dungeon in hard mode for the first time, and 1,125 points are awarded for subsequent completions.
- Entrance from Bogroot Growths is far to the southwest of the entrance from the Battledepths, and the Bogroot path is much longer.
- On level 2 there are a total of five Dwarven Ghosts, even though the level has fewer than 30 enemies.
- On level 3, there are no fleshy foes and there are several foes with Burning Immunity.
- This is the only dungeon that does not have an associated repeatable quest (excluding Zaishen Bounty quests).
- The dungeon is physically located south of Central Transfer Chamber and a bit southwest of Nolani Academy.
|One-level||Ooze Pit • Fronis Irontoe's Lair • Secret Lair of the Snowmen|
|Two-level||Arachni's Haunt • Bogroot Growths • Sepulchre of Dragrimmar|
|Three-level||Bloodstone Caves • Catacombs of Kathandrax • Cathedral of Flames • Darkrime Delves • Heart of the Shiverpeaks • Oola's Lab • Raven's Point • Rragar's Menagerie • Shards of Orr • Vloxen Excavations|
|Five-level||Frostmaw's Burrows • Slavers' Exile|