|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Region||Depths of Tyria|
|Reward chest||Eldritch Chest|
|Required quest|| The Arrow's Point|
The Blade's Essence
Getting there from Gadd's Encampment
Poison traps on Level 2
The Bloodstone on level 3 with Eldritch Ettin and the last mobs
Many adventurers have told legends of the Bloodstones, and a few brave souls claim to have seen them. Even after hearing these stories, standing in the presence of such power is still quite... intoxicating. A brilliant Asuran researcher named Gadd assisted us in our search for another Bloodstone. With our help, the Asura would have to decipher a series of inscriptions placed by the guardians... odd creatures called inscribed ettins... before we could reach the legendary relic. The guardians were busy shoring up their defenses, and our allies in the Shining Blade had taken an interest in their activities. Their scouts, always on the lookout for enchanted weaponry to use in their struggle against the White Mantle, noticed the ettins returning to this place repeatedly, where they harvested some sort of magical essences. Bartholos believed they could be weaponized for the Shining Blade's war effort.
The Bloodstone Caves extend into the side of the Shiverpeak Mountains and contain ruins with inscriptions similar to those found on two of the Bloodstones. The bloodstone found in the deepest level of this dungeon, the Shiverpeak Bloodstone, was perhaps where the White Mantle intended to sacrifice Evennia and Saidra.
- Deldrimor Reputation Points
- First time: 1,500 (2,250 in hard mode)
- On repeat: 750 (1,125 in hard mode)
- Locked Chests
- Eldritch Chest will spawn after defeating the Dungeon Boss and rewards players with one item each in Normal Mode, and two items each in Hard Mode.
- Dungeon Lock (levels 1 and 2)
Hidden objects are revealed using Light of Deldrimor.
- Level 1
- 24 (24) One Dwarven Ghost ally near Area Map
- 1 (20) Ten Hidden Treasures as follows:
- Level 2
- 24 (24) Three Dwarven Ghost allies, each one is located near a Beacon of Droknar
- 1 (20) Ten Hidden Treasures as follows:
- Three by first sets of poison vents
- Three by poison vents near water
- Three by poison vents in passageway to final room
- One near Crystal Ettin
- Level 3
- 1 (20) Secret Switch found near the second Beacon of Droknar will open a closed door to the north of this level's entrance.
- 24 (24) One Dwarven Ghost ally, located on top of mound in secret area
- 1 (20) Nine Hidden Treasures as follows:
- Three in passageway of secret area
- Four around outer edge of cave in secret area
- Two (left/right) in final room with Eldritch Ettin
- 1 (20) Beacon of Droknar (Dwarven Raider) (all levels)
- 20 (20) Pekk (Collector of 5 Fungal Roots) (level 1)
- 5 Albino Rat (levels 1 and 3)
- 28 (30) Forge Master (all levels)
- 20 (26) Tomb Ettin (levels 2 and 3)
- 28 (30) Tomb Ettin (levels 1 and 2)
- 20 (26) Cryptwing Incubus (levels 1 and 2)
- 20 (26) Bloodbath Incubus (level 1)
- 20 (26) Bloodthirst Incubus (levels 1 and 2)
- 20 (26) Stormcloud Incubus (levels 1 and 2)
- 20...24 (26) Skeletal Hound (level 1)
- 24 (26) Skeleton Archer (level 2)
- 24 (26) Skeleton Illusionist (level 2)
- 24 (26) Skeleton Wizard (level 2)
- 28 (30) Crystal Ettin → Backbreaker (one on level 2) (Crystal Focus & Ettin Club)
- 26 (30) First Inscribed → Backbreaker (one on level 1, two on level 3)
- 28 (30) Paranoia Ettin → Backbreaker (one on level 1) (Ettin Club)
- This dungeon is under the effect of Aura of the Bloodstone, which will heal all nearby creatures when a creature dies. The amount of heal increases by 20 for each dungeon level.
- Make sure to have the Crystal Method quest from Saerin in Gadd's Encampment or the first door in the dungeon will not open.
- Due to the large number of melee foes, melee counter skills are very useful, e.g. Ward Against Melee, Aegis, Enfeebling Blood, and Ineptitude.
- Killing Ettins will cause their associated Enchanted Shields to vanish. (Enchanted Scythes are not linked to any of the Ettins; they must be killed separately.)
- Many of the foes are not fleshy; builds that depend on corpses (e.g. minion masters) are less effective.
- On level 2, the final hall that includes the Ettin and the Dungeon Lock also has a large number of skeleton casters that are initially friendly. Once Ettin takes damage, those in the center will turn hostile quickly; those on the edge will remain friendly unless you aggro them. If you can pull and kill the Ettin quickly, the second group will remain friendly, allowing you to reach the lock without any further combat. Otherwise, be very careful to avoid getting swarmed by the Wizards and Illusionists after they become hostile.
- On level 3, if you kill the first Inscribed Ettins (guarding the Eldritch Ettin), their accompanying Enchanted (Shields or Scythes) will die.
- In Guild Wars 2, an entrance to the Bloodstone Caves can be found at Bramble Pass, though the caves themselves have been sealed off behind a locked door.
|One-level||Ooze Pit • Fronis Irontoe's Lair • Secret Lair of the Snowmen|
|Two-level||Arachni's Haunt • Bogroot Growths • Sepulchre of Dragrimmar|
|Three-level||Bloodstone Caves • Catacombs of Kathandrax • Cathedral of Flames • Darkrime Delves • Heart of the Shiverpeaks • Oola's Lab • Raven's Point • Rragar's Menagerie • Shards of Orr • Vloxen Excavations|
|Five-level||Frostmaw's Burrows • Slavers' Exile|