Catacombs of Kathandrax
|Catacombs of Kathandrax|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Region||Depths of Tyria|
|Reward chest||Chest of Kathandrax|
|Required quest||Kathandrax's Crusher|
Getting there from Doomlore Shrine
Catacombs of Kathandrax Level 1
Catacombs of Kathandrax Level 2
Catacombs of Kathandrax Level 3
Level 3 Boss Room
Remnants of the Ebon Vanguard survived in the Catacombs of Kathandrax. While on a mission to recover a legendary weapon, they were ambushed by overwhelming Charr forces. Captain Langmar made it clear to her troops: recovering Kathandrax's Crusher was of utmost importance. Broken and weary, the remaining Vanguard found little solace, for they found the caves infested with fire elementals and other terrible creatures. Their numbers few, they no longer had the strength to reach the artifact. Because its immense power would surely aid the Ebon Vanguard in the ongoing battle against the Charr, we had no choice but to help them retrieve it. Kathandrax's Crusher was hidden deep beneath the raging fires of Sacnoth Valley, protected by a fiery elemental lord.
- Ebon Vanguard reputation points
- First time: 1,500 (2,250 in hard mode)
- On repeat: 750 (1,125 in hard mode)
- Area Map
- Boss Lock
- Dungeon Lock
- Locked Chest
- Chest of Kathandrax (appears after killing Ilsundur, Lord of Fire)
Hidden objects are revealed using Light of Deldrimor.
- Level 1
- 24 (24) Dwarven Ghost - At the Beacon of Droknar near the northen area map.
- 24 (24) Dwarven Ghost - At the Beacon of Droknar just above the dungeon key location.
- 24 (24) Dwarven Ghost - At the Beacon of Droknar at the dungeon lock.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Three in the large furnace room. Two near the southern furnace and one between the two furnaces.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In the room with the Dungeon Key.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Near Area Map just past dungeon door
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Thee in the last room with the bridge just before dungeon level exit.
- Level 2
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Along the north wall, west from the level entrance.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Two Hidden Treasures at the northern Area Map.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In the center of the lava room south of the second resurrection shrine.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Just behind the Regent of Flame that drops the Dungeon Key.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Two near the Dungeon Lock.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In the room with the southern Area Map.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In a lava pool just past the fourth resurrection shrine, where two Infernal Wurms stand.
- Level 3
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In the middle of the first room, near the Beacon of Droknar.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In the second room, directly north from the entrance.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In the second room past the boss lock, near the fire dart in the southwest (opposite to the Area Map).
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - At the platform with the two Infernal Siege Wurms and the Flame Guardians.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Three in the third room with the lava stream.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Two in the boss room.
- 20 (26) Needling Lavastrider (all levels)
- 24 (26) Needling Lavastrider (level 3)
- 24 (26) Flame Guardian (levels 1 and 3)
- 20 (26) Roaring Ether (all levels)
- 24 (26) Burning Spirit (all levels)
- 24 (26) Flowstone Elemental (all levels)
- 20 (26) Becalmed Djinn (level 3)
- 24 (26) Enchanted Sword (levels 1 and 2)
- 28 (30) Forge Master (all levels)
- 24 (26) Forge Imp (levels 2 and 3)
- 20 (26) Deadly Lavastrider (all levels)
- 20 (26) Cave Aloe (levels 1 and 2)
- 24 (26) Infernal Wurm (level 2)
- 24 (26) Raging Infernal Wurm (level 2)
- 24 (26) Infernal Siege Wurm (all levels)
- 28 (30) Flame Djinn → Flourish (one on level 3)
- 28 (30) Regent of Flame → Savannah Heat (one on level 1, two on level 2, one on level 3)
- 29 (32) Ilsundur, Lord of Fire (level 3)
- Killing a Becalmed Djinn on level 3 will cause a number of hidden monsters to spawn.
- Fire Jet and Fire Dart turrets can be disabled by killing the Flame Guardians.
- This dungeon has many foes that are not fleshy.
|One-level||Ooze Pit • Fronis Irontoe's Lair • Secret Lair of the Snowmen|
|Two-level||Arachni's Haunt • Bogroot Growths • Sepulchre of Dragrimmar|
|Three-level||Bloodstone Caves • Catacombs of Kathandrax • Cathedral of Flames • Darkrime Delves • Heart of the Shiverpeaks • Oola's Lab • Raven's Point • Rragar's Menagerie • Shards of Orr • Vloxen Excavations|
|Five-level||Frostmaw's Burrows • Slavers' Exile|