Ilsundur, Lord of Fire
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Ilsundur, Lord of Fire|
|Affiliation||Depths of Tyria wildlife|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Ilsundur, Lord of Fire is the end boss-like foe in the Catacombs of Kathandrax dungeon. Upon aggro, two large lava boulders circle around him, killing instantly on impact. He will use Firebomb which will swap the target's current weapon with an explosive that will detonate and cause 200 fire damage and inflict burning on nearby foes for 5 seconds.
- Fire Attunement
- Glowing Gaze
- Liquid Flame
- Savannah Heat (elite)
- Firebomb (monster skill)
- Shield of Fire (monster skill)
- Ilsundur does not regenerate health.
- He is immune to the Dazed condition in Hard mode.
- The large balls of fire kill instantly, but do not cause Death Penalty.
- Use this as an advantage in Hard mode to avoid accumulating Death Penalty upon death.
- You can avoid them by standing just between the inner and outer edges. (Keep in mind that this could put the party NPCs in danger from the Ilsundur's area of effect (AoE) skills.
- Pain Inverter is effective against his AoE skills.
- Ilsundur can give a Fire Bomb to any ally, including summoned creatures.
- Ilsundur is susceptible to burning. If you can keep this foe burning, you can reduce his damage using "They're on Fire!" coupled with "There's Nothing to Fear!" for high party-wide damage reduction.
- You can try to keep Ilsundur knocked down. Assassins can combine Horns of the Ox with Moebius Strike, which can keep him knocked down once his health drops below 50%. Wanderlust will also work, as long as you can maintain that spirit's health. Earthbind will extend the duration of any knock down.
- You can reduce damage from Shield of Fire using protection skills, e.g. Protective Spirit. This is especially important if using Ebon Vanguard Sniper Support, because if the additional damage triggers the user will be killed.
- The 29th February 2008 update ended Ilsundur's ability to regenerate health.