Cyndr the Mountain Heart
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Cyndr the Mountain Heart|
|Affiliation||Depths of Tyria wildlife|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Location in Heart of the Shiverpeaks
- Pyroclastic Shot is Cyndr's main attack; it cannot be disabled. It also seems to have about spirit range (or half the compass range), so splitting up your party is important.
- Because Pyroclastic Shot is a projectile, you can change direction while moving to avoid being hit.
- He uses Flame Burst when someone comes near. This will deal around 450 to 500 damage to a low armored character such as spellcasters.
- Cyndr has the equivalent of four pips of health regeneration.
- The only conditions that affect Cyndr while his carapace armor is intact are Deep Wound, Bleeding, Disease, and Poison.
- Whenever Cyndr burrows and pops up at a new location, his carapace regenerates.
- If you do not bring any melee, you can spread out and wand him to death if you flag on solid ground with a hero between each group.
- Powder kegs
- While protected by "Mountain Heart Carapace," Cyndr is immune to all direct attacks and hex spells. This defense can be weakened by dropping powder kegs close to him. Three kegs temporarily take down the armor. Additional blasts deal about 50 damage.
- Because Cyndr can make kegs explode, it is recommended to have the keg runner buffed with skills such as Protective Spirit.
- If you have a full player party, it is advised to have everyone grab a keg before the battle. The first three kegs would remove the carapace while the other five would do a total of 250 damage.
- Life steal and Degeneration
- A combination of Health loss (such as Grenth's Balance), life stealing/Life Draining, and some degenerating conditions (i.e. Bleeding, Disease, and Poison) can ignore his armor and eliminate his natural regeneration.
- Because of this, touch rangers are highly effective.
- Order of the Vampire — for martial professions reliant on heavy physical damage — is another effective way to bypass Cyndr's armor. (See: Orders build)
- Spiritleech Aura makes Signet of Spirits far more effective.
- Signet of Infection can disease him if he is bleeding.
- Maw the Mountain Heart shares the same title suffix.