|Number of skills||209|
Hex spells cause negative effects for a period of time. They may damage your foes directly, prevent them from using certain skills, or decrease their abilities. A small, purple downward arrow on a character's Health Bar indicates that a hex spell has been cast upon that character. If a hex spell is cast upon you, you can read its description and learn its effects by hovering your mouse over the spell's icon on the top left corner of your default screen. Hex spells that cause Health degeneration will turn your Health Bar purple.
Hexes can be easily noticed by the dark cloudy ring that orbits the legs of the target affected by the hex along with the symbol of the profession by whom it was cast. It is also visible by a purple arrow pointing downwards on the hexed target's health bar.
- Has a finite duration.
- Has at least one initial, continuous, or end effect.
- Only targets foes.
- Sometimes involves other trade-offs (e.g. Necromancer hexes can require sacrifice, Elementalist hexes can cause overcast).
- Like all spells, they:
- Most hexes that cause health degeneration will cause your health bar to turn pink.
- Lieutenant's Insignia reduces the duration of hexes by 20%.
- Weapons can be upgraded to deal up to an additional 15% more damage towards hexed foes, or deal up to 20% more damage while the wielder is hexed.
List of hex spells
- See also: List of hex removal skills