Health degeneration is the constant loss of a creature's health caused by various effects, notably conditions and hexes. All effects that cause health degeneration stack and are negated 1:1 by health regeneration. If the total degeneration is stronger than total health regeneration, it is represented by left-facing pips on the health bar; each pip represents a loss of two health per second. The maximum degeneration is capped at 10 pips (i.e. a net loss of 20 health per second).
Four of the ten conditions cause health degeneration.
- Some environment effects apply health degeneration.
- Weapons with a Vampiric or Vampiric strength modifier cause 1 pip of degeneration each.
- Minions have inherent health degeneration.
- Drink from the Chalice of Corruption causes your character to suffer 2 pips of degeneration until the quest is resolved.
- Characters suffering health degeneration do not automatically regenerate health.