Guild Wars Bonus Mission Pack
The Guild Wars Bonus Mission Pack consists of four missions covering historical events: the Battle of Jahai, the Tengu Wars, the rise of the White Mantle and the Searing. It was released on November 29th 2007. The Bonus Mission Pack was made available in online retail stores, including the Guild Wars In-Game Store, from January 28, 2008.
- 1 Online retail purchase
- 2 Guild Wars Factions: Platinum Edition
- 3 The Missions
- 4 Accessing the bonus missions
- 5 The Bonus Mission Pack promotion (July 5th to October 31st 2007)
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Notes
- 8 External links
Online retail purchase
Retail Price: US $9.99 / €9.99 / £8.99
Release Date: January 28, 2008
— official website
Guild Wars Factions: Platinum Edition
The Guild Wars Factions: Platinum Edition also contains the Bonus Mission Pack.
The Bonus Mission Pack contains the following mission-based content:
- The Battle of Jahai (Turai's Story)
- The Flight North (Gwen's Story)
- The Rise of the White Mantle (Saul's Story)
- The Tengu Accords (Togo's Story)
Accessing the bonus missions
The Bonus Mission Pack has been enabled for those players who made qualifying purchases in the online store during the Bonus Mission Pack promotion.
- To access the Bonus Mission Pack missions, speak to Durmand [Historian] in any of the major port cities: Lion's Arch, Kaineng Center, or Kamadan.
- For each mission, you will receive a book that tells the story leading up to the mission, along with any weapons your character will use during that mission.
- To launch the mission, equip any provided weapons and click the “enter mission” button found inside the story book.
- The Bonus Mission Pack missions are all single player adventures where you play as the characters from each story book. You will become that character for the duration of the mission and your normal skill bar will be replaced with that character's set of skills.
- Upon completing a Bonus Mission Pack mission, you will be returned to the port city you were in previously or to your character's home port city. Your story book will have three new pages added at this point, summarizing the events that occurred during the mission as well as the effect those events had on the Guild Wars world.
- With your completed book(s), you can either re-enter the mission to complete the discoveries, additional cash reward of 500 for each completion or You can take the completed book(s) back to Durmand to have the stories authorized. You can then trade in authorized stories to one of the four story scribes (located next to Durmand in each port city) for a customized weapon from the historic period you witnessed during the mission.
- You will still be able to keep the book in your Xunlai storage even after it has been authorized.
- You can also trade it between your characters on your account so they can also trade it to the scribes for a customized weapon.
- Completing each mission also unlocks “Discovery Mode” for that mission, adding three hidden, bonus goals for you to discover. For each bonus goal you complete, Durmand will give any one character on your account an additional authorized story. The additional stories can only be earned once for each account from discovery mode.
- Players can get as many BMP weapons as they desire by repeating the missions and authorizing books.
The Bonus Mission Pack promotion (July 5th to October 31st 2007)
For a limited time, when you spend $29 USD (€26/£17) or more in the Guild Wars In-Game Store or through the PlayNC Store, you will get a Guild Wars Bonus Mission Pack for free!
The Guild Wars Bonus Mission Pack will allow you to play through four pivotal moments in Guild Wars history.
- Earn unique rewards as you go face-to-face with Palawa Joko and his undead army as one of the key figures in the Battle of Jahai.
- Experience part of Cantha's turbulent past as you witness the violent Tengu Wars.
- Learn firsthand how the White Mantle rose to power in Kryta.
- Finally, discover what became of Gwen after the Charr invaded her home and the Searing destroyed everything she'd ever known.
How to Qualify
To qualify for the Bonus Mission Pack promotion, you had to spend a total of $29 USD (€26/£17) or more in the Guild Wars In-Game Store or purchase and activate any product worth $29 USD (€26/£17) through the PlayNC online store, between Noon Pacific Time July 5, 2007 and Noon Pacific Time October 31, 2007.
The Bonus Mission Pack became available on November 29, 2007. This promotion is non-transferable and is limited to one per account. The Bonus Pack will only be available to the exact account that fulfills this promotion in the in-game store or the exact account on which a qualifying Guild Wars product is activated that has been purchased in the PlayNC store. The Bonus Mission Pack is available only to those players who own at least one Guild Wars campaign.
- Those who qualified will find the Bonus Mission Pack key automatically added to their accounts.
- To see the access key in the client, click 'Edit Account', then select 'Manage Access Keys' and 'Guild Wars Mission Bonus Pack' should be in the list.
- Can be bought via the official online store.
- A gallery of the reward items
- If you attempt to equip a weapon while the timer for the mission is counting down, your character will die when the mission starts.
- Enemies in these missions do not drop items or reward experience.
|Guild Wars releases|
|Campaigns: Prophecies • Factions • Nightfall • Utopia (cancelled)|
|Expansions: Eye of the North • Beyond|
|Add-ons: Bonus Mission Pack • 2008 Upgrade • 1 Million Edition Upgrade • Game of the Year Upgrade|
|Compilations: Platinum Edition • Factions Platinum Edition • Guild Wars Trilogy • The Complete Collection|