Guild Wars In-Game Store
The Guild Wars In-Game Store (formerly called "The Guild Wars Official Store"), introduced in the July 28, 2006 update, was an Internet store for ArenaNet's Guild Wars related products, accessible by the client itself, from the character selection screen. It offered additional campaigns, character slots and other upgrades. All purchased goods were automatically added to the account that had been used to log into the store, so there is no physical shipping at all. There were several methods of payment including credit or debit card. The Guild Wars In-Game Store was removed in the June 26, 2014 update and clicking the "Enter Store" button minimized the game client and opened the Guild Wars page on the NCSOFT Store. After the June 27, 2014 update, it was changed to open the Guild Wars Online Store, which is the Guild Wars page on the NCSOFT Store relocated to the official Guild Wars website.
The following items used to be for sale in the store, but became unavailable:
- Guild Wars Prophecies ($19.99 / €25.99 / £15.99) (replaced by Game of the Year edition)
- Eye of the North: Prerelease Bonus Pack ($4.99 / €4.99 / £3.49) (counted toward cost of the release)
- Prophecies PvP Edition ($39.99 / €35.99 / £23.99)
- Factions PvP Edition ($39.99 / €35.99 / £23.99)
- Nightfall PvP Edition ($39.99 / €35.99 / £23.99)
- After purchase you would receive an e-mail which contained a section entitled "Keys - Keep these for your records". While the keys were automatically applied at the time of purchase, this e-mail provided backup in case you need them at a later date.
- Because Guild Wars is available in different countries, a price had to be set in each country. Differences in currency exchange rates could make it appear that players in a certain country pay "more" than another country; however, economic and other factors varied from region to region, so comparing prices could be misleading.
- Up to 64 items could be added to the shopping Cart.