From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This page contains information about a Guild Wars component or feature that has been removed or replaced.
Skill Charms were one of the mechanics for learning skills, first seen in the Guild Wars World Preview Event, dropped after a couple of Beta Weekend Events, long before the original Guild Wars (Prophecies) release. Each Skill Charm had one specific skill tied to it, they were named: Skill Charm of <Name of Skill>.
There were 3 ways of obtaining Skill Charms:
- Buying them from Skill Charm Vendors who had a limited selection of them,
- Gambling at an Exotic Skill Charm Vendor who paying him showed a random selection of 3 Skill Charms, then you could buy any of them you wanted.
- Crafting by players with the help of a Skill Charm Crafter NPC, players could craft only Skill Charms of skills they already had permanently learned. Materials used in crafting differed for different skills.
- Skill Rings of appropriate profession (found as rare random drops from mobs) were used to permanently learn a skill from a skill charm.
- Charm Necklaces (bought from merchant) were used to learn a skill temporarily - for 24 hours. Regular necklaces could be only used to learn a skill from one of your professions but there were also Expert Charm Necklaces which allowed you to temporarily learn a skill from any profession.