A "Victory or Death!" build, or simply "VoD build", is a team structure used in GvG that focuses on using the advantages during Victory or Death to win GvG matches. Because of the high requirement for co-ordination and skill with these builds, very few low-ranked guilds will run these type of builds.
Since NPCs benefit significantly from the damage boost in VoD, keeping your own NPCs alive while killing as many enemy NPCs as possible is key to the success of any VoD build. VoD builds often take large amounts of shutdown, rather than Damage that's preferred by most Spike-Pressure builds. That way, survival towards the 20-minute mark is more guaranteed. Ganking is also a major factor in VoD builds. Diverting the enemy's attention with split builds rather than heavy-damage, spike-oriented builds are required for successful ganking.
Possible VoD Build Components
- Defensive characters or defensive playing until "Victory or Death!"
- Area of effect damage skills or characters, to effectively wipe the enemy's NPCs
- Area of effect defensive skills such as shouts that can affect your NPCs
- Heavy snares that allow your team to snare the other team's monk while you gank their Guild Lord
- Characters dedicated to ganking enemy NPCs