From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This page contains information about a Guild Wars component or feature that has been removed or replaced.
|Victory condition||Capture the Relic|
Sacred Temples was a Relic Run map in circulation prior to the August 2, 2007 game update. This map was distinguished from other relic run maps because of the gate in the center of the map which could be toggled by either team.
The Ghostly Hero was resurrected every 2 minutes.
When the timer expired, the team with the most relic caps won. Teams won by mercy rule whenever they had 3 points more than the other team. In the case of a tie, whoever capped last wins.
- The stairs near the relic required only 2 characters to body block.
- Teams would usually devote a character to lever control. These are typically characters who can still participate somewhat from that position, often a mesmer.
- Movement control spells (Ward Against Foes, water snares, etc.) were extremely powerful in this environment.
- Sometimes, teams would completely neglect trying to kill the other team and focus solely on "power-running" and movement control.
- Because of the emphasis on body blocking relic runners, characters will often rubberband, or their position may not coincide with what they see on their screen.
- As with other relic run maps, time-killing the enemy Ghostly Hero is a good way to prevent the opposing team from capturing relics.
|Heroes' Ascent arenas|
|Arenas:||Heroes' Ascent | The Underworld | Fetid River | Burial Mounds | Unholy Temples | Forgotten Shrines | Golden Gates | The Courtyard | Antechamber | The Vault | The Hall of Heroes|
|Out of rotation:||Broken Tower | Scarred Earth | Sacred Temples|