The Battle Isles
Before there were humans or dwarves, before there were even worlds or the stars that light the night sky, there was but one thing in the universe—the Mists. The Mists touch all things. They are what binds the universe together, past, present, and future. They are the source of all good and evil, of all matter and knowledge. It is said that all forms of life, no matter how simple or complex, can trace their origins back to this one place.
The Mists is the realm of the afterlife and the proto-reality that exists between the worlds which in turn are the building blocks of reality. They are the home to various gods and other powerful entities and the residences of various afterlives. The Mists resonate from the worlds around them, forming bits of their own reality — islands of existence that reflect the histories of their worlds.1 In the center of the Mists lies the Rift and, within that, the Hall of Heroes. The various Realms of the Gods are also located here.
Demons and other beings, such as Razah, are created from the Mists themselves.
Towns and outposts
- The Fissure of Woe
- The Underworld
- Ruins of the Tomb of the Primeval Kings1
- This is an unofficial term for a series of instances accessed from the Tomb of the Primeval Kings outpost.
- Dwayna Vs Grenth (festivals only, primarily Wintersday)1
- Mechanically, this arena is a part of the Mists; lore-wise, however, it is not.
- Mad Realm
- Forgotten Vale
- Chaos Planes
- Hall of Judgment
- Ice Wastes
- Spawning Pools
- The Labyrinth
- Bone Pits
- Twin Serpent Mountains
- Burning Forest
- Fissure Shore
- Forest of the Wailing Lord
- Great Battle Field
- Tower of Strength (landmark)
- Tower of Courage (landmark)
- Spider Cave
- Lake of Fire
- Temple of War
- The Rift
- The Mists is not located on any continent and does not contribute to any Cartographer and Vanquisher titles.
- The Realm of Torment is also part of the Mists in lore; however, mechanically it is treated as its own region in the Nightfall campaign.
- All Heroes' Ascent battles take place in The Mists, except for The Elite Zaishen Battle.
- In the cancelled campaign Utopia, the Mists were referred to as the Unformed by the Xotechans who inhabited them.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on The Mists.|
- ↑ Interview with Jeff Grubb, GuildMag