- Kill five generals to force Palawa Joko to appear then defeat Palawa himself.
This mission rewards Trick-or-Treat Bags, Gold and Gamer Points based on the formula below. Values are rounded down. Additional bonuses are awarded for beating the daily best, monthly best, or quarterly best scores.
|Reward||Amount||Daily Best||Monthly Best||Base Reward|
|ToT Bags||(30 * score) / (Monthly Best #1 score)||+10||+20||10|
|Gamer Points||(15 * score) / (Monthly Best #1 score)||+5||+10||5|
|Gold||(1000 * score) / (Monthly Best #1 score)||+500||+1000||0|
During this mission, you're under the disguise of Candy Corn Infantry and have 600 Health, 50 Energy and the following skills:
|Candy Corn Strike||Rocket-Propelled Gobstopper||Feast of Vengeance||Rain of Terror (spell)||Cry of Madness||Sugar Infusion||Animate Candy Golem||Resurrection Signet|
The main goal is to kill five of Joko's generals to force Joko to come out and fight, who you must then defeat. There are twelve bosses in the map at first; six generals and six priests. Each general will be accompanied by a priest and six guard NPCs. The priests do not need to be killed nor does the last general. Once you kill five generals, Palawa Joko will spawn at the location of the sixth general - bringing his health down to about 25% will complete the mission.
When entering the mission, leave the starting area through any of the three doors. Defeat the first wave then continue to either side and kill the two generals (which generals you kill first doesn't matter) - ignore the priest and the guards if possible, as you can save time by simply breaking aggro. When both generals down that path are dead, return to the center, kill off any foes, then go down another path and kill the two generals, once more returning to kill any foes in the center before going down the third path. After killing the fifth general, quickly return to Thorn as he and his group will head towards you and can become body-blocked and unresponsive by spawns (who may have a chance to kill Thorn because of this). Once Thorn is with you, head to where the sixth general is and focus fire on Joko - killing the last general isn't necessary.
- Some other tips
- For teams not well coordinated, leaving one or two party member(s) in the center to defend Thorn is wise.
- If the team isn't focused on time, kill the Priest of Joko before the general.
- Also, for teams not focused on time, avoiding the second general down the first path you take allows you to not need to split for the third path, as the NPCs can handle five or six foes at once (albeit slowly).
- It is advised not to leave either the Monk general alive for last, as two monks alongside Joko may prove difficult for some.
- Likewise, the Elementalist general has hard AoE spikes, which may be deadly in combination with Joko's seven elites against both the team and Thorn.
- Those with good team coordination can actually leave these bosses for last, as Thorn provides heavy firepower.
- Spawn number per generals killed
# of generals killed # of spawns 0 2 1 3 2 4 3 5 4 6 5 7
- 28 Candy Corn Infantry (x6)
- 20 Gum Drops, the Noble Steed (summoned by Thorn)
- 22 Awakened Blademaster
- 24 Awakened Blademaster Guard
- 22 Awakened Acolyte
- 24 Awakened Acolyte Guard
- 22 Awakened Defiler
- 24 Awakened Defiler Guard
- 22 Awakened Thought Leech
- 24 Awakened Thought Leech Guard
- 22 Awakened Cavalier
- 24 Awakened Cavalier Guard
- 22 Awakened Dune Carver
- 24 Awakened Dune Carver Guard
- 28 General Zaim
- 28 Jari the Giant
- 26 Priest of Joko (x6)
- 28 Shifa the Mender
- 28 Zayan the Twisted
- 32 Palawa Joko
- 28 Aaliyah the Deceiver
- Before the battle
- Mad King Thorn: "What's this, new recruits? Welcome to my mad little corner of the Underworld!"
- Mad King Thorn: " You're really lucky, you know. People are always dying to get in here! Ha ha ha!"
- Mad King Thorn: "Joko's forces will be materializing any moment now. I can already smell the stench of failure on the breeze!"
- Mad King Thorn: "Oh, and one more thing. It's not enough to just beat him, we have to humiliate him!"
- Mad King Thorn: "The faster you defeat him, the more pleased I will be! Plus, it's bath night for Mr. Gum Drops, and King Thorn is NEVER late to bath night!"
- Palawa Joko: "Did you think I would forget your transgressions, Thorn!? This time, I have come for you!"
- Mad King Thorn: "Oh give it a rest, Joko. Everyone knows your bark is worse than your bite!."
- Palawa Joko: "Bah, I can smell your pumpkin breath from here! Enough talk, we will settle this in battle!."
- Mad King Thorn: "They're coming from all sides, so make sure to leave enough forces to defend me. If I go down, I'm taking you all with me! Ha ha ha!"
- If you don't defeat Joko within 30 minutes
- Mad King Thorn: "I warned you to do this quickly; now you will suffer for your lethargy!"
- Palawa Joko: "Leaving so soon, pie for brains!?"
- Mad King Thorn: "I'll be back! And next time, I'll choose my pawns more carefully!"
- Randomly after first four generals' death
- Mad King Thorn: "I say, you are a glutton for punishment. Each time you come back you get monumentally defeated by dis person, dat person, some Ossa person..."
- Palawa Joko: "Why don't you just quit now, go home, and play with your stupid invisible pony?"
- Mad King Thorn: "NO ONE INSULTS MISTER GUM DROPS!"
- Mad King Thorn: "Another one bites the dust... again!"
- Palawa Joko: "I'm going to use your head as a chamber pot! Only then would it be filled with something of substance!"
- Mad King Thorn: "What a very splendid hat you have there, Palawa."
- Mad King Thorn: "It must do an excellent job of keeping the vultures from landing on your head. HA HA HA!"
- Palawa Joko: "I'm going to wipe that smile off your...pumpkin, Thorn!"
- Mad King Thorn: "Hey, could someone tell the "Scourge of Vabbi" that his grandma is here, trying to attack my realm? HA HA HA!"
- Palawa Joko: "You withering, hulking lumps of rot; fight harder or it's me you'll face!"
- Mad King Thorn: "And with a face like that..."
- Palawa Joko: "SILENCE!"
- Mad King Thorn: "A Dwarf, a Norn, and a Charr walk into a bar..."
- Mad King Thorn: "And they didn't invite you, Palawa, because YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS! HA HA!"
- Palawa Joko: "Laugh all you want, pumpkin man, but you're about to get GORED!"
- Palawa Joko: "You pathetic pile of flesh and bones, you can't even hold yourself together!"
- Mad King Thorn: "Ha! Your soldiers are as hopeless as your insults! Ready to surrender?"
- Palawa Joko: "Never!"
- Mad King Thorn: "You're starting to look a little frayed, Joko."
- Mad King Thorn: "Should I call you a tailor or just fetch you a roll of toilet paper?"
- Palawa Joko: "We're not so different, you and I: we're undead, we're both kings, we command huge armies, we both freely walk the world every day of the year..."
- Palawa Joko: "OH WAIT!"
- Mad King Thorn: "Palawa Joko's mother is so fat..."
- Mad King Thorn: "*cough*"
- <Party leader>: "*sigh* How fat is she..."
- Mad King Thorn: "Palawa Joko's mother is so fat, that when she went to visit him, SHE swallowed the Junundu! HA HA HA!"
- Mad King Thorn: "A time like this calls for a joke! Why did Palawa Joko cross over into the Underworld?"
- Mad King Thorn: "To lose! HA HA HA!"
- Palawa Joko: "It's not over yet! I will tear you limb from limb! I will..."
- Mad King Thorn: "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of your army's death screams! HA HA HA!"
- Mad King Thorn: "Palawa, you certainly are making this difficult on me..."
- Mad King Thorn: "I'm trying to come up with a joke, but none of them are as funny as YOUR FACE!"
- After fifth general's death
- Palawa Joko: "Enough of this! I shall settle this myself!"
- Mad King Thorn: "Ah, Palawa Joko, the "Scourge of Anyone with a Nose" joins the battle!."
- Mad King Thorn: "I want to personally watch your defeat!"
- After Joko's defeat
- Palawa Joko: "Curse you, Thorn! I'm going to..."
- Mad King Thorn: "Yes, yes. Flood valleys, enslave nations. I've heard all of it before. I'd like to see you try!"
- Palawa Joko: "You'll see! You'll rue the day! Go on, start ruing!"
- Palawa Joko: "This is not the end of Palawa Joko!"
- Deaths do not cause Death Penalty or count against the Survivor title track.
- Every 2 minutes your party and Candy Corn Infantry are resurrected in the center of the map and Priests of Joko that are alive will resurrect their respective group of guards.
- Only the guards and bosses give drops and experience. Among the drops are Globs of Ectoplasm.
- This map uses a Halloween-modified version of Scarred Earth.
- Your team starts with 1,800 points, and loses 1 point per second until Palawa Joko is defeated. After 30 minutes, when the points run out, your team is automatically defeated.
- This and Mad King's Fan are the only non-PvP methods to get Gamer points.
- This mission was first added during Halloween 2011.
- Thorn's response to Palawa's threat after his defeat is a reference to Palawa's threat at the end of Open the Flood Gates of Death, which in turn was a reference to Palawa conquering Elona between Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2.
- "You'll see! You'll rue the day! Go on, start ruing!" is used by Stewie Griffin in Family Guy and Kent in Real Genius.
- "Another one bites the dust!" is a song by Queen.