From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Giant's Basin is the combination of two large salt lakes on the northern edge of Kryta - Lesser Giant's Basin is north of North Kryta Province and the larger of the two lakes lies north of both Watchtower Coast and Divinity Coast. The village of Demetra resides between the two.
- Player: "It's clear that the White Mantle army advanced on this location. If Langmar and Thackeray were indeed here, they would have had to choose between an impossible fight or the treacherous water below. Nothing remains to suggest the outcome".
- The actual name of the larger of the two lakes remains ambiguous.
- The dialogue can only be triggered when approaching the Lesser Giant's Basin in the area northeast of the Ascalon Settlement after finishing Mustering a Response and before finishing the Battle for Lion's Arch.
- Before the November 18, 2010 update, the dialogue would always trigger after Mustering a Response so long as the War in Kryta content was active.
- Previously, Giant's Basin was only referred to as one body of water in-game, however, the in-game references to the Giant's Basin pointed to both bodies of water. This changed in the July 8, 2010 update with the mention of the Lesser Giant's Basin.