The Elite Zaishen Battle
This is the first map encountered upon entering from Heroes' Ascent with a full party. The party must defeat six NPCs on this map in order to proceed to the PvP aspect of Heroes' Ascent. This battle cannot be skipped, and once completed, the party will always be sent to The Underworld (arena).
- 28 Ghostly Hero (appears after defeating the Zaishen)
- 20 Zaishen Warrior
- 20 Zaishen Ranger
- 20 Zaishen Monk
- 20 Zaishen Necromancer
- 20 Zaishen Mesmer
- 20 Zaishen Elementalist
Depending upon the time that the party spend defeating the Zaishen, they will be given a variable Morale Boost:
|Completion time (minutes : seconds)||Morale Boost|
|0:01 to 0:29||10%|
|0:30 to 0:59||8%|
|1:00 to 1:19||6%|
|1:20 to 1:39||4%|
|1:40 to 1:59||2%|
After defeating the Zaishen:
- Ghostly Hero: "I know what it is you seek, for I too wish to claim the Hall of Heroes."
- Ghostly Hero: "Follow me. Together we shall open the portal and cross over into the Underworld."
- The six foes will always consist of two Zaishen Monks and one Zaishen Elementalist; the other three are randomized with Zaishen Warriors, Zaishen Rangers, Zaishen Mesmers, and Zaishen Necromancers.
- The game timer will not start until at least one player passes an invisible line which runs through part of the "eye." Players can get close enough that they can attack the closest NPC with a Longbow or a Flatbow without passing this line, thus, allowing them to gain adrenaline prior to activating the timer. Rspike teams often use this tactic to kill at least one of the NPCs before actually starting the timer.
|Heroes' Ascent arenas|
|Arenas:||Heroes' Ascent | The Underworld | Fetid River | Burial Mounds | Unholy Temples | Forgotten Shrines | Golden Gates | The Courtyard | Antechamber | The Vault | The Hall of Heroes|
|Out of rotation:||Broken Tower | Scarred Earth | Sacred Temples|