|Victory condition||Priest and Obelisk Annihilation|
|Priest/Obelisk||Priest and Obelisk Lightning|
Burial Mounds is the third map in the Heroes' Ascent ladder. It is located somewhere in The Mists. It consists of three base areas, connected by a very large circular area (which has since been closed off). As of the most recent party size update, it is just a small 1v1 Priest Annihilation map.
Burial Mounds has many obstructing features on the map, which makes it hard for builds such as Ranger Spike and Zergway to damage opponents.
- Every 2 minutes, all dead players and Ghostly Heroes are resurrected at their base's Resurrection Shrine, if their Priest is alive.
- It is not beneficial to kill the enemy priest if none of them are dying, as it will accomplish nothing. Save the priest until shortly after the first 2 minute mark.
- Killing the enemy Ghostly Hero after it resurrects WILL give your team additional morale boosts. Therefore, if your team and your opponents are well matched, it might help you to kill their Ghostly Hero multiple times.
- There are many choke points on this tiny map. Therefore, teams using Area of Effect skills will usually do well, compared to other maps.
- There is an Obelisk Flag Stand on this map which will do damage to the opposition team if captured with a flag.
- The winning team gains Fame depending on their consecutive wins.
- The winning team also gains 200 Balthazar Faction for winning and an additional 100 if they won with a Flawless Victory. Letting your Priest or Ghostly die does not ruin a Flawless Victory.
- The next map after Burial Mounds is Unholy Temples, although it can be skipped.
|Heroes' Ascent arenas|
|Arenas:||Heroes' Ascent | The Underworld | Fetid River | Burial Mounds | Unholy Temples | Forgotten Shrines | Golden Gates | The Courtyard | Antechamber | The Vault | The Hall of Heroes|
|Out of rotation:||Broken Tower | Scarred Earth | Sacred Temples|