|Victory condition||Capture Points|
This map consists of five Capture Points in the shape of an 'A' throughout the map. Two opposing teams begin at the base of the 'A' and move upward to the top most point. Players and the Ghostly Hero will resurrect at the two shrines closest to the spawn points. Like all Capture Points maps in the Global Tournament, the Ghostly Hero counts as four players when capturing a shrine.
If you look closely on the minimap to the right, you can see the capture points. They're the tiny gray dots.
Every 30 seconds you gain one point for each capture point you are holding.
- When time runs out, the team with the most points wins.
- In the case of a tie, whichever team scored the last kill,[sic] wins.
- ∗BONUS∗ Kill an enemy Ghostly Hero to gain a morale boost.
- When a team has scored 20 more points than its opponent, the game ends and that team wins.
Capture points works similarly to Alliance Battles.
- Each person you bring near a capture point adds one pip of momentum towards capturing that point. A Ghostly Hero adds 4 pips. You can't have more than 4 pips while capturing a shrine.
- If two teams are competing for a shrine, each pip the controlling team has reduces the enemy's capture momentum by 1 pip. Therefore, the team with the most people near a given shrine will eventually capture it.
- Every 30 seconds, each team gains one point for each shrine they control.
- The team with the most points at the end of the match wins. If both teams are tied, the team which achieved the most recent kill wins.
- To capture a neutral shrine or neutralize a captured shrine, it takes 8 seconds with 4 pips.
- Dead party members will be resurrected with full health and energy at their team's base every minute, even if another team is in possession of it.
- Each member of the winning team gains Fame depending on their consecutive wins.
- The winning team also gains 200 Balthazar Faction and an additional 100 if they achieve a Flawless Victory.
- The next map is Golden Gates, although it can be skipped.
- This map was added in the August 2, 2007 update.
|Heroes' Ascent arenas|
|Arenas:||Heroes' Ascent | The Underworld | Fetid River | Burial Mounds | Unholy Temples | Forgotten Shrines | Golden Gates | The Courtyard | Antechamber | The Vault | The Hall of Heroes|
|Out of rotation:||Broken Tower | Scarred Earth | Sacred Temples|