The Courtyard (arena)
- This article is about the arena. For the explorable area, see The Courtyard.
|Victory condition||King of the Hill|
The Courtyard is a King of the Hill match. In King of the Hill (commonly called KotH), the objective is to have the central altar captured for more 30-second intervals than each other team.
- Capping an altar requires bringing your team's Ghostly Hero to it. He must then successfully cast Claim Resource to capture the altar. Claim Resource can be interrupted via interrupts and knockdowns, but it cannot be disabled.
- Once an altar is captured, no other team may capture it until the defending team's ghost is killed.
- Teams gain one point for every uninterrupted 30 seconds they have the altar.
- At the end of the match, the team with the most points wins. If two teams are tied for points at the end of the match, the team who gained the most recent point is declared the winner.
- Note: Death penalty does exist in this map's King of the Hill unlike the King of the Hill objective in The Hall of Heroes which does not penalize death. Players at 60% Death Penalty will not be resurrected every minute. Morale boosts no longer occur every 2 minutes as in the old Courtyard.
- If the entirety of your opposition is at 60% Death Penalty, victory is automatically reached as in GvG.
The Courtyard consists of a central area where the altar is located, and three bases. One base lies on every side of the map except north. Each base is directly connected to the central altar by a walkway, at the end of which is a closed door which can only be opened from inside the center area via touching a Gate Lock. Intersecting these walkways is another walkway, which directly connects the bases to each other. Halfway between each pair of bases is a set of stairs leading to the center area. The only way to get to the center in Courtyard at the beginning of the match is by using these stairs.
- The winning team receives 400 Balthazar Faction for winning, plus an additional 100 for a Flawless Victory.
- The winning team earns Fame for winning. See also Rank.
- The next map after Courtyard is The Antechamber.
|Heroes' Ascent arenas|
|Arenas:||Heroes' Ascent | The Underworld | Fetid River | Burial Mounds | Unholy Temples | Forgotten Shrines | Golden Gates | The Courtyard | Antechamber | The Vault | The Hall of Heroes|
|Out of rotation:||Broken Tower | Scarred Earth | Sacred Temples|