Ranger spike, or "rspike", is a PvP team build that includes several Rangers using high-damage bow attacks in tandem to quickly take down a target in a spike. There are several variations on ranger spikes, differing both in choice of spike skills as well as in variety of support team members.
Common features of ranger spike builds include:
- Additional damage-increasing or spike-supporting skills:
Ranger spike is considered a gimmick build due to a number of factors:
- The spike lacks a significant recharge time, stressing the resources of enemy healers.
- Compared to other spike builds, ranger spike is very fast (with all the damage being compressed into approximately half a second) and unpredictable. As a result, stopping the spike relies largely on fast, reflexive (instead of preventative) use of skills such as Infuse Health.
- Rangers are very durable, with high natural armor and a number of defensive skills.
- Perhaps most importantly, the build as a whole has a low skill ceiling (there is little room to improve the effectiveness of the build once the basics are learned).
|Team roles (edit) (category)|
|Type||General team roles||Specific team roles||Hero team roles|
|Damage||Spiker • Nuker||Bomber • Dagger spammer • Touch ranger • Starburster • Trapper||Signet of Spirits hero|
|Pressure||Lineback||Barrager • Beast master • Cripshot Ranger • Pressure Ranger||—|
|Support||Healer • Protection||Battery • Bonder • Flag runner • Hybrid monk • Imbagon • Infuser • Orders||Necro healer • Soul Twisting prot|
|Control||Shutdown • Tank||Minion master • Perma • Spirit spammer||Mesmer Midline|
|Utility||Caller • Toolbox||Gimmick||—|