From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- "City" redirects here. For the Domain of Anguish area often called "city", see City of Torc'qua.
A town is a non-instanced location on the World Map, as opposed to explorable areas. It is similar to an outpost, but larger both in terms of size and NPC population, usually with all NPC services present.
Regions have at most a single town, with a few regions (such as the Ring of Fire Islands) having none at all.
Towns are also sometimes referred to as cities, and also as a general term used to encompass outposts and mission outposts.
- You enter and exit a town by passing through a portal.
- Towns can be selected for Map-Travel.
- A maximum of 20 miniatures can be in use by players at any one time.
- A character is displayed as empty handed when in town regardless of what weapon or focus item/shield is equipped.
- Death Penalty, Morale Boost, and Blessings are lost when entering a town.
- A town can hold a maximum of 100 characters. If full, additional characters are placed in a new district.
- The towns in The Jade Sea and Echovald Forest can be controlled by player alliances, which provides some special benefits to the owner guilds.
Towns by continent
|Tyria||Cantha||Elona and the Realm of Torment||The Battle Isles|