From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- This article is about Ascalon City after the Searing. For the outpost where you start the Prophecies campaign, see Ascalon City (pre-Searing).
The Great Northern Wall
Ascalon City Pre-Searing.
Ascalon City Post-Searing.
The largest city and cultural center of the now-ruined empire. Ascalon City is one of the only two remaining in the entire kingdom. Though the buildings have fallen and the cathedrals are a shambles, the people here live on in the shadow of what once was.
— in-game description
Ascalon City is the largest city and cultural center of Ascalon. It is the first town a player will reach after the Searing.
- Captain Arne
- Symon the Scribe
- Warmaster Tydus
- 4 Meghan (arena guard)
- 1 Calissa Sedgwick (collector for 4 Charr Hides)
- 1 Banoit (armorer)
- 10 Corwen (armorer)
- 5 Sedgwick (weaponsmith)
- 2 Nolan (guild emblemer)
- 7 Baron Egan (guild registrar)
- 2 Arnaud (merchant)
- 2 Laren (merchant)
- 10 Varshall (dye trader)
- 10 Healy (material trader)
- 5 Menth (rare material trader)
- 5 Sheel (rune trader)
- 4 Sir Bertran (skill trainer)
- 15 Xunlai Agent (storage upgrades)
- 24 Xunlai Chest (storage)
- 7 Captain Arne
- 8 Warmaster Tydus
- 10 Ellie Rigby
- 20 Foreman the Crier
- 5 Symon the Scribe
- 2…5 Ascalon Guards
- Complete exploration of this town contributes approximately 0.3% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Characters from other campaigns automatically unlock Ascalon City if they relog after reaching Old Ascalon.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Ascalon City Ruins.|
- There is a mural on the wall northeast of Warmaster Tydus that is most likely to be of the Forgotten, as the same image was used in the Prophecies Manuscripts while discussing them.
- Ascalon City was originally named Kyhlo but was renamed due to translation issues. Ascalon City was originally meant to be a temporary name but was never changed.
Anomaly.The Guild registrar and guild emblemer NPCs are missing from International Districts.
- ^ Comment by Gaile Gray, Gaile Gray