From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
- Northeast, short distance southwest of the exit into Ascalon City.
- Northwest, at the exit into the Breach.
- Center, at the exit into Sardelac Sanitarium.
- Southeast, at the exit into Regent Valley.
- Northwest, east of the exit into the Breach, at collector Penelope Hoode's location.
- North, along the broken wall west of Ascalon City.
- Ambassador Zain
- Captain Osric (only immediately after the Ascalon Academy mini-mission)
- Elementalist Aziure
- Gate Guard Hollis
- Grazden the Protector
- Master Ranger Nente
- Shalev the Hermit
- Warmaster Grast
- Witness Rastin
- 2 (20) Sergeant Clark (only if a Tyrian (Prophecies) character is present)
- 20 (20) Captain Osric (only immediately after the Ascalon Academy mini-mission)
- 5 (20) Warmaster Grast
- 4 (20) Gate Guard Hollis
- 4 (20) Gate Guard Sebastein
- 4 (20) Gate Guard Wendell
- 5 (20) Master Ranger Nente
- 5 (20) Elementalist Aziure
- 8 (20) Shalev the Hermit
- 15 (20) Ambassador Zain
- 10 (20) Grazden the Protector
- 10 (20) Farmer Hamnet
- 10 (20) Melka Blanston
- 15 Evennia (only after the scene in Ice Cliff Chasms)
- 10 (20) Witness Rastin
- 4 (20) Ascalon Guard
- 4 (20) Ascalonian Guards (at the exit to the Breach and patrolling near Ambassador Zain)
- 4 (20) Ascalon City Wall Sentry
- 10 (20) Innis the White (collector for 4 Singed Gargoyle Skulls)
- 1 (20) Palben Tunne (collector for 4 Ornate Grawl Necklaces)
- 1 (20) Saba Blackstone (collector for 3 Scorched Lodestones)
- 2 (20) Dreaz Bowem (collector for 3 Fetid Carapaces)
- 10 (20) Penelope Hoode (collector for 3 Scorched Seeds)
- 1 (20) Artisan Daved (artisan)
- 2 (20) Jarrel the Tamer (pet tamer)
- 5 Melandru's Stalker (south from the entrance to The Breach)
- 3 Moa Bird (west of Sardelac Sanitarium)
- 3 (22) Hulking Stone Elemental
- 5 (23) Crown of Thorns
- 6 (26) Rif Telourau
- 6 (26) Bonetti
- If a Tyrian (Prophecies) character is present, Sergeant Clark and 2 or 3 Ascalon Guards will offer their help regardless of whether the quest Military Matters is active.
- There are many hidden Devourers and Crowns of Thorns throughout the entire area.
- Gwen's Broken Flute can be found in the ruins of Ashford.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.8% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 245 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 200 to 291 foes.
- There are the remains of what appears to be a wagon at the location that Hamish the Merchant occupied in pre-Searing.
- Much of the explorable area of Old Ascalon was Green Hills County and Lakeside County before the Searing. The entrance to Ascalon City is different from its pre-Searing location, and some of this area used to be inside Ascalon City before the Searing.
- The Resurrection Shrine just outside of the City is facing a different direction than it was before the Searing.
- There is a cave in the Southeast corner of the map that contains a small, deserted Charr jail. Before the Searing, this cave was the Devourer Cave.
- During the E3 for Everyone beta event, this area was called the Ascalon Wilds.
|Explorable areas in Ascalon|
|Ascalon Foothills • Diessa Lowlands • Dragon's Gullet • Eastern Frontier • Flame Temple Corridor • Old Ascalon • Pockmark Flats • Regent Valley • The Breach|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Arenas • Landmarks|