Flame Temple Corridor
|Flame Temple Corridor|
The Flame Temple Corridor refers to a small blasted area in the northern part of Charr-held Ascalon. Most of it is a desolate set of gullies winding between surrounding hills. The Charr appeared to have converted the ruins' entirety into a makeshift temple, in which they perform ritual sacrifice at an altar. While Charr presence is strong in and around the temple complex, the occasional Hydra groups can be found prowling the edges.
- Southwest, at the exit into Diessa Lowlands.
- Northeast, a short distance west of the exit into Dragon's Gullet.
- 7 (20) Ascalon Striker
- 7 (20) Ascalon Striker
- 8 (23) Charr Axe Fiend
- 8 (23) Charr Blade Storm
- 8 (23) Charr Hunter
- 7 (23) Charr Shaman
- 8 (23) Charr Ashen Claw
- 8 (23) Charr Chaot
- 8 (23) Charr Flame Wielder
- 10 (24) Hydra
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Flame Temple Tombs.|
- Interactive objects
- The following quests may affect the spawns in this area:
- The charr and hydra in the southeast corner are hostile to each other.
- A squad of four Ascalon soldiers will start heading towards the temple (specifically, the Charr Altar) in a slow walk. They usually die rather quickly if left alone, especially in hard mode. If they manage to reach the altar, they will simply wander around it.
- Mid-level groups arriving here for quests should find the isolated Charr groups around the temple complex to be manageable. Be careful when moving in towards the altar though, aggroing two or three groups may easily wipe a party. Pick the groups off one-by-one by pulling them.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 0.5% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 100 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 96 to 122 foes.
- Has hidden Devourers.
- Consider taking advantage of the four Ascalon soldiers against the first few groups. But given that the foes near the temple complex should be pulled carefully, it may be better to use them as bait or as additional corpses.
- Also consider starting from Yak's Bend to benefit from a party size of 6.
- During Special Ops: Flame Temple Corridor, you will be transported to an alternative version of the area.
|Explorable areas in Ascalon|
|Ascalon Foothills • Diessa Lowlands • Dragon's Gullet • Eastern Frontier • Flame Temple Corridor • Old Ascalon • Pockmark Flats • Regent Valley • The Breach|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Arenas • Landmarks|