From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Hydras are large three-headed lizards that use potent Fire Magic. The Hydras in Ascalon are found in small groups of two to four, throughout the northwest territories of Post-Searing Ascalon. These groups tend to mingle with other indigenous enemies in these areas; for example, with Stone Furies and Boulder Elementals in the Ascalon Foothills, and Charr hunting bands in the Flame Temple Corridor. In the northern region of Dragon's Gullet, Hydra groups flock together in herds, forming lethal mobs when attacked.
11 Fire Magic
- Phoenix (Hard mode only)
- Stun Immunity (monster skill)
- Hydras tend to initiate combat with Area of Effect Fire Spells when players enter their aggro range. These spells can cause especially high damage to a party's henchmen or heroes, who tend to cluster around the lead player. Parties made up of grouped players may wish to spread apart to avoid presenting densely clumped targets to the beasts.
- Hydras may also sprint through gaps in the battle line to attack rear-rank characters with both PBAoE spells and melee attacks.
- Where possible, it is best to separate Hydras from the other groups in the area, and fight them under more controlled conditions.
- Their auto attacks deal piercing damage.