|Exit(s)|| Eastern Frontier|
A ruined landscape
The Pockmark Flats is the name of the large area to the southeast of Ascalon City. In the northern half of the area, shards of what is possibly the largest crystal to have crashed into Ascalon during the Searing lay embedded in the blasted earth, surrounded by a moat of tar. Judging from the scant ruins in the blasted area, a sizable Ascalon community must have been wiped out in an instant. Further testament to the destruction wrought on that fateful day is an extensive stretch of ruins and broken architecture in the southern half of the Flats, with a series of uneven trails winding through the tragic landscape.
- Northwest, at the exit into Serenity Temple.
- North, at the exit into the Eastern Frontier.
- Southwest, at the exit into Regent Valley.
- 1 (20) Nicanor Gannel (collector for 3 Scorched Lodestones)
- 1 (20) Ouran Odwin (collector for 3 Stormy Eyes)
- 3 Moa Bird
- 7 (23) Storm Rider
- 9 (27) Larrk Etherburn
- There is a resurrection point just inside the small walled area near the Serenity Temple portal, but no visible shrine.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.6% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 170 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 146 to 234.
- There appear to be three variations of spawns in the crater valley; you should be able to tell which shortly after exiting Serenity Temple:
- Riders: Patrols of Storm Riders swirl around crevices, and then circle the valley counter-clockwise around the crystal; there is a separate group that stays near the center. When vanquishing, move clockwise to avoid missing any. (Rough estimate: 80% of visits.)
- Elementals: The crater contains patrols of Stone Elementals instead. (Roughly 10% of visits.)
- Gargoyles: The spawns are gargoyles and there appear to be fewer devourer pop-ups. (Roughly 10% of visits.)
|Explorable areas in Ascalon|
|Ascalon Foothills • Diessa Lowlands • Dragon's Gullet • Eastern Frontier • Flame Temple Corridor • Old Ascalon • Pockmark Flats • Regent Valley • The Breach|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Arenas • Landmarks|