A ruined landscape
The Pockmark Flats is the name of the large area to the southeast of Ascalon City. In the northern half of the area, shards of what is possibly the largest crystal to have crashed into Ascalon during the Searing lay embedded in the blasted earth, surrounded by a moat of tar. Judging from the scant ruins in the blasted area, a sizable Ascalon community must have been wiped out in an instant. Further testament to the destruction wrought on that fateful day is an extensive stretch of ruins and broken architecture in the southern half of the Flats, with a series of uneven trails winding through the tragic landscape.
Several secondary quests of the Ascalon region lead here. This area is located south of the Eastern Frontier and due east of Serenity Temple.
- Northwest, at the exit into Serenity Temple.
- North, at the exit into the Eastern Frontier.
- Southwest, at the exit into Regent Valley.
- 1 (20) Nicanor Gannel (collector for 3 Scorched Lodestones)
- 1 (20) Ouran Odwin (collector for 3 Stormy Eyes)
- 3 Moa Bird
- 4 (22) Carrion Devourer
- 1 (22) Crimson Devourer
- 4 (22) Whiptail Devourer
- 3 (22) Plague Devourer
- 3 (22) Hulking Stone Elemental
- 5 (23) Stone Elemental
- 4, 8 (22) Shatter Gargoyle
- 3 (22) Flash Gargoyle
- 2 (22) Resurrect Gargoyle
- 7 (23) Storm Rider
- 9 (27) Gnash Underfoot
- 9 (27) Hurl Foulspine
- 9 (27) Fester Fang
- 9 (27) Rif Telourau
- 9 (27) Spasmo Thunderbolt
- 9 (27) Larrk Etherburn
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Pockmark Roughs.|
- There is a resurrection point just inside the small walled area near the Serenity Temple portal, but no visible shrine.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.6% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 170 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 135 to 234 foes.
- There are numerous Devourer pop-ups throughout the zone, with a large number in the northern valley surrounding the Searing Crystal.
- The Geomancer's Test will significantly increase the number of foes, and Replacement Healers will add Devona as an ally.
- There appear to be three variations of spawns in the crater valley; you should be able to tell which shortly after exiting Serenity Temple:
- Riders: Patrols of Storm Riders swirl around crevices, and then circle the valley counter-clockwise around the crystal; there is a separate group that stays near the center. When vanquishing, move clockwise to avoid missing any. (Rough estimate: 80% of visits.)
- Elementals: The crater contains patrols of Stone Elementals instead. (Roughly 10% of visits.)
- Gargoyles: The spawns are gargoyles and there appear to be fewer devourer pop-ups. (Roughly 10% of visits.)
|Explorable areas in Ascalon|
|Ascalon Foothills • Diessa Lowlands • Dragon's Gullet • Eastern Frontier • Flame Temple Corridor • Old Ascalon • Pockmark Flats • Regent Valley • The Breach|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Arenas • Landmarks|