From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest. For Regent Valley before the Searing, see Regent Valley (pre-Searing).
Once a beautiful place, Regent Valley was reduced to a barren wasteland during the Searing, its land stripped bare and its rivers befouled. While it was never truly a safe place, Regent Valley is now overrun by monsters and highwaymen, and of course the Charr. King's Watch stands in the middle of Regent Valley, between Fort Ranik and Sardelac Sanitarium.
There are many secondary quests that will lead to this area. It lies to the southeast of Old Ascalon and leads to Fort Ranik in its northeastern corner.
- Northeast, a short distance south of the exit into Fort Ranik.
- East, at the exit into Pockmark Flats.
- Northwest, at the exit into Old Ascalon.
- Statue of Melandru
- Center, south of a bridge, at King's Watch.
- These quests may affect the spawns in this area:
- 7 (20) Sergeant Brannen
- 5 (20) Ascalonian Soldier
- 5 (20) Ascalonian Warrior
- 5 (20) Ascalonian Ranger
- 2 (20) Corwin Luceinne (collector for 3 Ornate Grawl Necklaces)
- 2 (20) Sir Nyman (collector for 3 Rawhide Belts)
- 1 (20) Valeria Benes (collector for 3 Gargoyle Skulls)
- 10 (20) Artisan Kristan (artisan)
- 1 (20) Gelsan the Outfitter (merchant)
- 6 (23) Charr Axe Warrior
- 6 (23) Charr Blade Warrior
- 6 (23) Charr Ash Walker
- 4 (22) Carrion Devourer
- 4 (22) Whiptail Devourer
- 3 (22) Plague Devourer
- 3 (22) Hulking Stone Elemental
- 4 (22) Shatter Gargoyle
- 4 (22) Grawl
- 4 (22) Grawl Heretic
- 4 (22) Grawl Petitioner (warrior)
- 3 (22) Grawl High Priest
- 3 (22) Grawl Petitioner (monk)
- 3 (22) Grawl Ulodyte
- 3 (22) Renegade
- 3 (22) Renegade Elementalist
- 7 (23) Storm Rider
- Interactive objects
- If entering from Fort Ranik, a small group of soldiers can be seen engaging either the renegades or a group of Charr.
- You can obtain a Moa Egg (required to hatch a Black Moa Chick) in the southeastern section, near a large number of Moas.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.6% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 150 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 129 to 178 foes.
- There are many hidden Devourers in this area.
- The Renegade Elementalists have Mind Burn in hard mode, a powerful area of effect spell.
Bug.The fog in the northwest corner of the map does not uncover for an unknown reason, so it will not look like it is explored on the map; exploring this part will still add to your Cartographer title.
Anomaly.At the exit to Pockmark Flats the shrine on the other side looks destroyed with both arches incomplete but when changing the area the shrine is complete and working.
- During the E3 for Everyone beta event, this area was called the Regent River Basin.
|Explorable areas in Ascalon|
|Ascalon Foothills • Diessa Lowlands • Dragon's Gullet • Eastern Frontier • Flame Temple Corridor • Old Ascalon • Pockmark Flats • Regent Valley • The Breach|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Arenas • Landmarks|