|Exit(s)|| Frontier Gate|
Ruins of Surmia
Ascalon's Eastern Frontier was once a lush green land of rolling hills. Now, as with the rest of Ascalon, it is a blasted piece of barren land littered with ruins. Large sections of the once great wall lie broken and breached in several places as the Charr make their presence felt, establishing a foothold in the northeast. Aside from the Charr, the Grawl appear to have flourished as well, having a heavy presence to the northwest. Further south, the broken land has become a haven for Devourers waiting to ambush unsuspecting prey.
- Northwest, a short distance east from the exit into the Ruins of Surmia.
- East, at the exit into Frontier Gate.
- Southeast, at the exit into Pockmark Flats.
- 1 (20) Fytch (collector for 3 Fetid Carapaces)
- 5 (20) Guardsman Noell (collector for 3 Ornate Grawl Necklaces)
- 1 (20) Paige Osbourne (collector for 3 Charr Carvings)
- 2 (20) Raymon Elsworth (collector for 3 Stormy Eyes)
- 5 (20) Footman Tate (only during Frontier Gate Fugitives)
- 10 (20) Cynn (before Caravan in Trouble)
- 10 (20) Mhenlo (before Caravan in Trouble)
- 7 (20) Caravan Guard (before Caravan in Trouble)
- 3 Moa Bird
- 8 (23) Charr Axe Fiend
- 6 (23) Charr Axe Warrior
- 8 (23) Charr Blade Storm
- 6 (22) Charr Blade Warrior
- 8 (23) Charr Hunter
- 6 (23) Charr Stalker
- 5 (23) Charr Martyr
- 8 (23) Charr Shaman
- 6 (23) Charr Ash Walker
- 6 (23) Charr Ashen Claw
- 8 (23) Charr Chaot
- 6 (23) Charr Fire Caller
- 8 (23) Charr Flame Wielder
Once, intro to Caravan in Trouble.
- Cynn: You left?
- Caravan Guard: Y...yes.
- Cynn: In the middle of a fight, you just ran off?
- Caravan Guard: There were storm riders everywhere! I could've been killed!
- Mhenlo: What happened to the others? The merchant and the other guards?
- Caravan Guard: I don't know. I...didn't look back.
- Mhenlo: Balthazar does not look kindly upon cowards.
- Cynn: Neither do I.
- Mhenlo: That'll be enough Cynn. This man will have to explain himself and his actions when he reaches the Mists.
- There are many hidden Devourer groups in this area, concentrated mostly in the southern half.
- If you fight near Guardsman Noell (a collector), he will join in the fight.
- The Frontier Gate resurrection shrine is not visible; you will resurrect near the stairs leading to the portal.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 1.36% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests requires defeating around 190 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 180 to 216.
- Grawl Ulodytes in hard mode are strong healers. If your party has trouble, interrupt or otherwise prevent their use of Heal Area. Otherwise, attempt to move them away from their allies. It may be beneficial to start vanquishing from Ruins of Surmia.
- During Frontier Gate Fugitives, Footman Tate is a useful ally and will follow your party around until he is led back to Frontier Gate.
- During The Last Day Dawns active, almost all visible foes are Charr and the total number of foes increases slightly. Take advantage of Ebon Vanguard PvE skills (and especially Rebel Yell). Use caution if you trigger the quest foes: if King Adelbern dies, the quest will fail, forcing your party to return to an outpost.
|Explorable areas in Ascalon|
|Ascalon Foothills • Diessa Lowlands • Dragon's Gullet • Eastern Frontier • Flame Temple Corridor • Old Ascalon • Pockmark Flats • Regent Valley • The Breach|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Arenas • Landmarks|